ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cup owners with no problems

STICKER TWONK

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf GTi DSG

If you own a Cup and havent had any problems with it, could you post below please! Lemme know how long youve had it as well.

172 Cup

Quote: Originally posted by paranoid_man on 26 November 2003

No problems whatsoever - apart from it not being here yet!!
(Due next tues - 2 weeks late already - believe it when I see it)
Its probably had a prob but they just havent told you yet ;)

Nippy white cup

I think most people will have small problems with the Cup. But in truth, most cars will have probs brand new! For the money you pay, they really arent that much trouble, although there are acceptions.

Just test drive it and then buy it! lol

Cheers

Chris

heh.

Seriously, ive had no major problems with mine, and ive owned it since september!:eek: Shock Horror.

But i have done 9500miles...and shes running fine. Except for a few knocks and rattles, but its a reno and it also has something called a Warrenty. Which means when something does go wrong, i find out what it is, take it to my dealer, tell them whats wrong, they fix it for free. All cars, wether its a V-Dub, Merc or whatever, they all have teething probs, just gotta deal with it.

Now go buy a Cup and enjoy it.

172 Cup

"Which means when something does go wrong, i find out what it is, take it to my dealer, tell them whats wrong, they fix it for free."

Eventually :mad:

^^^True.

If you dont tell them you know whats wrong, they use their favourite saying..."Fault not found".

I always try find out whats wrong on here first, load myself up with info/ammo, then burst into Reno shooting off my load. Most effective way me thinks.

172 Cup

Speaking to Renault today...

Me - "Its the same fault you were meant to fix 4 months ago"

R - "oh the seat, ye i can see that on the comp"

Me - "No, the alarm"

R - "nope, we never fixed the alarm 4 months ago"

Me - "So thats probably why its knackered now"

R - "Probably!"

STICKER TWONK

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf GTi DSG

Quote: Originally posted by Dust on 26 November 2003

^^^True.

If you dont tell them you know whats wrong, they use their favourite saying..."Fault not found".

I always try find out whats wrong on here first, load myself up with info/ammo, then burst into Reno shooting off my load. Most effective way me thinks.
Just tell me when your going into a Renault Dealer so Im not in the firing line ;)

Quote: Originally posted by griff_90 on 26 November 2003

R - "nope, we never fixed the alarm 4 months ago"

Me - "So thats probably why its knackered now"

R - "Probably!"
PMSL - sorry mate

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

After a few initial teething probs mines fine and has been for a while...

Most new cars have stuff go wrong and my mates Audi A3 is a LOT worse than my Cup has been!

Quote: Originally posted by Dust on 26 November 2003

But i have done 9500miles...and shes running fine. Except for a few knocks and rattles, but its a reno and it also has something called a Warrenty.
Warrenty? Is that French for warranty? Seriously though, it seems that the Cups are generally a tough little car and quite reliable.

PS. Will there be a 182 Cup?

11,000 miles in 14 months, no probs (apart from small leak into the spare wheel well on day 2 - fixed it myself with a spot of sealant), replaced 2 tyres due to flatspots - my fault. The car feels nicely run in now, engine loosened up, and my driving has improved enough to start throwing it about a bit (I was a trackday fan, but the Cup is a wild beast compared to the Cupra 16v). Ive also been lucky with the 4K rattle - I dont have one! Suspension clonks during slow speed turns on rough roads - but they all do it...

Im well happy with the car, I still cant come up with a better (speed v money) compromise so the Cup stays for the forseeable future.

Iain C

ClioSport Club Member

my cup dosent clonk during low speed turns!! IS it broken?
6K and 6months old..It has more rattles than a spanish maracca convention..but apart from that no major problems

My cup is 14 months old with 12k on the clock. No problems whatsoever apart from dashboard rattles but every car Ive ever owned has had this. Just turn up the stereo and plant your right boot and you never notice them. Will be be keeping mine for another 12 months.

The odd rattle from the parcel shelf and buzz from the dash, but after 4500 miles no problems at all. Car is going great and the engine appears to be starting to loosen up a bit. All good news

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

22,000 miles, year and a bit old. Love it to bits. Just want more and more and more and more and more... hehehehe!

i know it not a cup but i have a 172 and so far no probs, although some days it seems slower than others and then just to catch me out it will sh*t me up and drive like a beast. but no probs as of yet and ive not exaclty been kind to it: short journeys, twisty roads, 6000-7000rpm for a laugh now and again at least once every small journey, wheel spins (damn knocking sounds) hard braking.. but day to day for work i drive 60mph or less in steady manner. i have 3800k on the clock and 4months old.

june 03 Cup, 5k miles, all ok except for delay throttle response partially fixed by replacement throttle body after much negotiating( ie persuading reno dealer there was actually something wrong with it-and suggesting possible fixes!)No rattles, 100% reliable.

Embarrassed to say

The problem with my cup is knocking/banging/juddering in first gear under acceleration, floor the throttle on an uneven/wet road and bang bang bang. It only has 3000 miles and its done it from new.