ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

cup racer rear harness bar

172 Rally Car
Am I right in thinking that it's just 6 bolts through the rear arch that hold the cup car cage harness bar in?

download9-2.jpg

DSC00685.jpg

172 Rally Car
What is your interpretation of the blue book regs when it comes to back stay reinforcement plates?

The backstay feet of my cage have been welded to the body without any additional reinforcement and i am not sure how to get around it? Its going to be difficult to cut out, i am wondering if i can weld a spreader plate over the top of the foot plate, and then weld the backstay tubes to the spreader a few mm further up?

172 Rally Car
untitled proposal.JPG

Shocking picture but! that is a rough drawing of the rear arch with the cage welded to it - what i wondered if i could do would be the additions in red( the red sprays and weld) and obviously fill in the gap betweek the plate and the weld

A lot of people put spreader plates on the bottom. There's absolutely no room with some of the cages to put spreader plates on the top of the arch. My cage actually bent the arch when fitting so I put spreader plates on the underside

172 Rally Car
A lot of people put spreader plates on the bottom. There's absolutely no room with some of the cages to put spreader plates on the top of the arch. My cage actually bent the arch when fitting so I put spreader plates on the underside

Thats an option - just a t**t to weld upside down! what did you use to plate it? 3mm?

I think it was something around 3mm yeah.

TBH welding in the cage feet is the only job I've outsourced to someone else (mines not a cup racer cage btw) - because I can't weld

And watching him do the front feet with his head under the dash, a wet towel over his head and holding up a piece of welding mask glass in front of his eyes - it's something I'd never want to get into lol

Awkward as hell

172 Rally Car
Lol the racer cage plates are quite easy because of the length of the legs, just the bloody rear ones now that its been welded.

Have you got any pictures of the rear arch phil?