ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cup Rear Brakes

RB 182 cup,astra sri
Slightly confused. It was my understanding that the bearings are set into the discs on the clios.

I got a price for discs, bearings and pads from renault coming in at £240

I went to a local motor factors and they quoted me £65 for the lot. they said that the bearings arent set into the discs though and can be bought seperately.

Why such a price difference? should i go with the local motor factors?

Clio 182
i dont think the discs have the bearings on.

i think they are the same as any other clio 2.0?

Lionel Richie
right here are your 2 options

yozzasport, everything you need £175 (discs, with bearings pressed in, new pads)

or buy the bits seperatley, but you will need to get the bearings pressed in

Ultra 197 ex 172 Cup
yeah dude, you can buy the bits seperately, but you have to have the barings pushed into the discs !! so if you were to buy the discs from motorplace, you need to buy barings as well, then have some garage push them in,

Ultra 197 ex 172 Cup
i got some from an ebay guy (seeach ebay and ask him if he can fit the barings in) costed me about £70 inc postage i think

RB 182 cup,astra sri
right here are your 2 options

yozzasport, everything you need £175 (discs, with bearings pressed in, new pads)

or buy the bits seperatley, but you will need to get the bearings pressed in

im a bit reluctent to spend the money on the rear brakes considering the hardly work on the 172 cups. the main reason i need them is cos the bearings are away.

whats the alternatives?

RB 182 cup,astra sri
i dont know much about this kind of thing. do you need to press any bearings into rear discs if they come seperately? or is it something specific to these kind of cars?

LY 182
yep unless you have 3tons of arm power
they can be hammered in if you are carefull about it.
i had a r5gtt private job to do rear discs and pads and had a choice of driving to work and pressing them in or hammer then in.

guess what i went for :lolup:

the only way you can really do it is if you have an old bearing laying around (as i do) that you can use to hit the old bearing in, as you only want to be tapping on the outer race and a bearing is just about all you will find that fits it perfectly.
its not a very nice way of doing the job but more than doabable and dosn't damage the bearing at all

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Just pay £175 from yozzasport, i'd rather pay up than have the hassle of finding someone to press the bearings in, then knowing my luck they'd feck it up/ be the wrong ones etc.

clio 172
heat the old disc with a blow torch and the old bearings that should long live the disc will just fall out, i used a vice with wodden side and simply forces them in nice and easy!