ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cup Splitter/ Spoiler...

Has anyone had any problems with speedhumps or parking dividers etc whith the front splitter/spoiler in place. My car is new and Ive still not put this on... was a bit worried it might grind when going up onto my drive.... reckon ill be alright going slow and angled but not too sure about other speed humps and every day obstacles.....! Also, is it a big deal if it does rub? what are the chances the whole fron bumber/spoiler will get damaged?? Also, is it easily to fit on if I decide to attach it myself?

taa....

Itll be fine....what else are you going to do with it - hang it on the wall!!??

I scraped mine precisely zero times in 30,000 miles. And I went over an assortment of humps and gradients.

Put it on and stop being a wuss. ;)

Its easy to put on and should have been done by those lazy greasers at reno as part of their PDI.

172, Tiguan

Should get done when it gets to the dealership.

Ive never scrapped mine. Just watch out for low flying pheasants.

Im going to try and fit the thing this weekend.... if it then causes me grief getting into my drive I may well be forced to sell.....!! shall keep you all advised!!:D

Ziel Nurburgring

Anyone know of a decent replacement splitter, as i aint going to give Reno £150 of my hard earned money for a piece of plastic?

Lee

BMW M2C

Ive caught mine a couple of times when parking, but thats been my own stupid fault. Otherwise you will probably never catch it on anything.

Sorry 4 bein daft but how are splitters interchangable between models ie Laguna splitter fits Clio? or am i just daft....?

If the Clio is a smaller car - different bumper....Help! I may just be avin a turd brain moment...

BMW 330d :)

I picked my new pre reg clio cup over 2 weeks ago and the spoiler wasnt on when i inspected it, but was when i came to pick it up. It was fitted in the pre delivery check and yours should have been too, unless u said no. Anyway, ive been driving over all sorts of humps and bumps and havent got anywhere near to touching the spoiler on the ground, although ive been getting some chirping noises from the suspension when going over bumps with the steering on full lock.

Fraser

Seedy - in the world of modified cars - the Laguna splitter is put on loads of different cars.

I had one on a MK2 CRX!! Only needed to cut the two ends.

One put on a clio will almost certainly need chopping in the middle and rejoining? The curves of the spoiler are very flexible so can be worked easily to fit.

300bhp MR2 Turbo

Ruprect,

You dont work for XCS/Lloyds do you?

Was told the other day your using same IP address as mine.