ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

cup spoiler fitting help please

Artic Blue 182FF
hey ive just brought a cup spoiler sent it to be sprayed and ive picked the brake light up 2day spoiler isnt ready yet so kean as ever i have already taken my spoiler off. ive tried to fit the cup brake light but it dosnt fit to the connection as the one on my car is round and the cup one is square can anyone help? is there an adaptor i need to buy? or on the cup spoiler is there a place on there where i connect . im confused!!! hope this makes sence

cheers

Civic Type-R
I found the same thing when I fitted mine. Basically you just pull the connector that is attached to your car apart so that you just have the 2 wires. Then plug these into your new connector (dont touch the wires or you will blow a fuse) and job done. I used some electrical tape to secure the wires in the new socket.

RRover Sport HST, clio 19
How easy it is to remove the spoiler - my brake light has gone and need to get the bugger out.....?

Civic Type-R
Its only held on by about 4 screws. Lift the boot up and you will see them on the underside of the spoiler. Undo the screws then shut the boot again and lift the spoiler up to remove it.