ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

cup spoiler or not?

80MPG BEEZA
few people will have seen my car, getting side strips colour coded and the front bumper modified again! but i'm thinking on a cup spoiler and having it sprayed at the same time? do people think it'll look sweet? got price of £183.24 from reggy rip offs which doesnt seem to bad!

advice peeps :rasp:

80MPG BEEZA
really just wanting to finish the exterior of the car off i'll only have to put some black indicators on and white l.e.d sidelights and i can finally spot messing around with the exterior due to not being able to change anything else

Clio DCi 65
Goin to pick up a cup spoiler tonight hopefully,

Might stick it onto my clio depending on respray cost..

Get a k-tec carbon fibre spoiler instead. about the same price and bonds onto original providing you have the 16v spoiler- which all 172 ff's have

i personally prefer the look of the standard 172 spoiler. It just seems to follow the roofline better which i prefer. Not too keen on the "flick" at the end of the cup spoiler.

Another thing i disslike about it is the brake light. It just looks stuck on whereas the normal spoiler has it blended in.

80MPG BEEZA
i've seen the carbon fibre one it it just looks out of place the cup spoiler it subtle and wont be ripped off by chavs and if you think they dont they do, my mate had a massive evo spoiler on the back of his civic and one night it dissapeared

80MPG BEEZA
right i think the cup spoiler is going on it seems the best option and those who dont like it have to forgive me because its christmas!

106 GTi
Vee spolier looks to much IMO on anything but the V6. Cup spolier however is a must to cover the horrible curved glass bit on the top of the rear screen.

Clio 172 mk2
i personally prefer the look of the standard 172 spoiler. It just seems to follow the roofline better which i prefer. Not too keen on the "flick" at the end of the cup spoiler.

Another thing i disslike about it is the brake light. It just looks stuck on whereas the normal spoiler has it blended in.

Agree

Civic Type-R
Deffo get a cup spoiler. I changed from standard 172 one and it looks so much better!! One of the best exterior mods ive done. They are around £150 brand new from Renault and £30 for brake light.

80MPG BEEZA
the cup spoiler is £183.24 and he also stated "you need to have it sprayed" hmm like i didnt think of that one charlie, gonna order it straight after xmas me thinks and it'll take 2 days to be delivered