ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cup Spoiler

richard691

ClioSport Club Member
  Twingo RS133 & 172

Can anyone tell me if a 172 cup spoiler will fit straight on to a 2003 clio dynamique?

Thanks

172 mk2

might need to modify with wires to fit, i had to to fit it onto my 172.

by modify i mean cut/saw the black thing apart.

richard691

ClioSport Club Member
  Twingo RS133 & 172

Anyone know where to get the extra piping from and have a diagram for the brake light conversion?

Thanks

VaVa

Dude, its two wires. And I managed to stretch my washer hose, but its probably easier to put a new bit in. I had some slack on mine in the roof lining so didnt have to..

Take out the Fuse for lights (look in book)

Remove existing spoiler an disconnect brake light and washer nozzle ( retain the washer nozzle)

Cut brake wire ( you can dismantle the plug if you wish - you can prize the rubber out the back and puch the wires through - if you cut it, make sure its long enough to reach the new lamp!!).

Split, remake and connect into square connector on back of new brake light ( I found it easier to remove to the PCB from the lens to do this).

Check the light works. If not, swap wires around. Solder the two wires on, then fill the whole thing with silicon rubber. Allow to cure, refit board into lens and push light assembly firmly into spoiler. There are channels on the undeside of the spoiler for the cable and the washer hose. It can be tricky getting these in, but itll fit nice and snug once done.

[Edited by lagerlout1 on 09 September 2005 at 8:16pm]

[Edited by lagerlout1 on 09 September 2005 at 8:17pm]