ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cup Suspension Pck causing insurance prob

Clio 182

I’ve come to get my 182 insured with elephant and they’ve asked if there are any optional extras installed. So I was honest and told them about the cup spoiler pack and suspension pack. I was then asked if the suspension pack caused the car to be lower than the original spec, so once again I was honest and said yes but they now want to know the how low the car is. So does anyone one know how low the 182 with the suspension pack is as I think its 90mm but not 100% sure. Thanks in advance

tiTTy & SV650

3mm lower than standard, with the suspension tolerances ride height is the same and its just different shocks.

Renault Laguna Coupe

Welcome to Cliosport mate. just tell them its a 182, or youll talk your way into a whole load of trouble...

clio 182 black /gold

They asked me that it has cup body kit on. All i said was it is from the factory standard. If they ask just paly dumb

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

it is factory standard.

if you crashed it (god forbid) it would be repaired back to factory spec.

the pack is meaningless, its like declaring electric windows.

This has come up a few time mate. Im with Elephant to. As above mate no point in even mentioning it to them.

Should not make a blind bit of difference. They charged me £17 on my premium for my coilovers :)

Renault UK have said before on the renaultsport.co.uk forum not to pay any extra for insurance just for the cup packs. As they say above, its factory fitted standard.

Welcome btw!

i never mentioned it. as far as im concerned it isnt modified as it came from the factory like it.

Mk2 Ph1 1.2 8v

Quote: Originally posted by inmarsat on 04 August 2005

I’ve come to get my 182 insured with elephant and they’ve asked if there are any optional extras installed. So I was honest and told them about the cup spoiler pack and suspension pack. I was then asked if the suspension pack caused the car to be lower than the original spec, so once again I was honest and said yes but they now want to know the how low the car is. So does anyone one know how low the 182 with the suspension pack is as I think its 90mm but not 100% sure. Thanks in advance

90mm, wishful thinking ;)

same ride height as the 182.

As said by everyone else, tell them its a 182, standard from the factory, you wouldnt be lying.

well its not factory standard, its an optional extra, and failure to mention it could void your warranty (i know its b****cks but you know what insurance companies are like), i would either be honest or would go to a different company, especially as you have now made them aware of it

Lionel Richie

factory standard "body roll" special suspension

as for the ride height, ITS VERY HIGH and looks like an SUV, try and get a discount

(sorry, im in a weird mood this evening, ive been looking after children (aka evil spawn of humans) today)

Lee

BMW M2C

When I had one I was asked if it was as it left the factory, which it was. I told them it had a factory fitted option, they confirmed that its covered in the value of the car.

Any insurance company that says otherwise it just out to make more money out of you, but its up to them.

My Trophy is covered as a Clio Cup 1 as the Trophy wasnt on the system so god forbid I crash that, who knows what Id get back. lol

Disco 5 ,Monaro VXR

i worked for elephant for three years and i have the cup packs on the car. i went through a claim with them and they are even more fussy if you work for them, they didnt bat an eyelid when i came to pay out and i had to get a damper replaced to. just say it is standard as from the factory and if you get any probs just play dumb.

[Edited by Brooky182 on 09 August 2005 at 3:44pm]