ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cup Tyres

350Z Roadster+Oil Burner
My front tyres need replacing on my 172 cup. As most of you know, the Cup,s come with Continental Contisports with re-enforced walls.

What i want to know is, have people relaced like for like,or has anyone used different tyres, with a better result.

Cheers, Dan

BMW 330d :)
Yeah but arent the 182, trophy alloys wider than the 172 cups?
I wouldnt fancy cornering at 60-70mph and the tyre peeling off the rim!

You can get away with bigger tyres upto a point on standard alloys.

Eagle F1's are a very popular choice of tyre.

Eagle F1's are very popular, less popular, but still popular are the PE2's, and i read a review recently that rated the new toyo proxes above the good year and michelin tyres, on black circlies iirc

EK9 + Mfactory gearing..
..you can go for wider rubber on them, Yasser was running 215/40/16 on his 172 cup, it was very low tho (ledas). 205's are good enough for most. i thought all the rs models after the mk1 172 run 7x16?

clio 197 f1
got yoko prada on mine at mo, too much road noise off them, Michelin Pilot Exaltos are better by far

Yep, 205 will be fine. I used to run Toyo's, wear really quick (i.e. 2K miles with me!!!) and didn't find them very good in the wet but were awesome in the dry.