ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cup Upgade ECU

But people are saying it hasnt as well!!

It makes sense its not Renault Sport, its Radbourne Racing. Can someone phone renault uk not RSport to clean this up!

Nissan R35 GT-R

Your local dealer can order one and then fit it, or you can go to R-Sport (Wimbledon) like I am tomorrow because they have a few in stock now.

£198 + VAT (+fitting too i think which is about 1 hour).

So this is a proper Cup upgrade ECU and what are the gains? Is it about 5%

Does anyone have a part number, as I dont just want a standard Cup ECU!

Someone needs to take a std mk2 172, rolling road it before, then fit a Cup ECU, an R-Sport ECU and a Group N ECU and run the car on the rollers each time for a definitive answer!

Just rung Reno in Sheff and they havent got a clue what Im talking about.......they thought Id bought an ECU and not a car!!

So whats the crack....

Ive just dug the r-sport number out and they tell me that they are the only people supplying the part and they can deliver it to your dealer to fit...

It gives no great increase on 0-60 and top end,however, delivery is supposed to better and smoother, and this apparently makes the car easier to drive.

So the cost as Frosty said there 198.99 + Carriage, VAT and labour!

The gains are about 5% across the range...so the begging question is do we or dont we!

The person to speak to is Johnathan at R - sport!

Havent decide mate - may get the 185BHP kit which cost approx £138 from Lefjie in france - Id imagine thats much better as these guys are renualt tuners from France - they do scoobies and the V6 and cosworths too - loads of experience - and it would seem they have squeezed 185BHP out for £138 quid (220 Euros) not bad eh - just wonder about delivery and fitting though? they also have a 200BHP pack ready which involves much the same as LADs conversion - headwork, cams, filter, exhaust and ecu for 4000 Euros!

My filter is going well - does 100 in 16 dead now - you can feel the benefits of the filter at high revs in 4th and 5th now! freer flowing I guess

Quote: Originally posted by CUPSIZE? on 20 March 2003

Renault no sh*t all about the ecu let alone what a friggin 172 Cup is...............dont bother...!
lol when speaking to a dealer i asked about the Cup and he didnt even know what is was..they even had one in the showroom!

i love all these feelings people are getting from such minor mods that give minor gains.

Still dont understand all this excitement over 5%!!!!!!!

Itll be exactly the same as any otehr chip as there is only so much you can do with ignition and minute fueling changes with no increases in the actual volume of air processed....sheesh

Just fitted this new Ecu to my cup, not as easy as it looks!! anyway i havent had time to take it to my mates rolling road yet but there doesnt seems to be a massive effect on the power output but they are only claiming 5%. Its loads easier to get of the line now, before you either stailed or wheel spun, seems they have mapped the fly by wire throttle differently. I will report back when i have taken it on the rollers. I will try both the new and old ecu just to compare the output.

Scott

I did phone them to ask if it takes into account a sports exhaust and Induction chip.

And it does not, so imo its a complete waist of time as most people do 3 things, Exhaust, Filter/Induction and ECU.

Looks like its back to london superchips for me then.

Quote: Originally posted by CUPSIZE? on 20 March 2003

Havent decide mate - may get the 185BHP kit which cost approx £138 from Lefjie in france - Id imagine thats much better as these guys are renualt tuners from France - they do scoobies and the V6 and cosworths too - loads of experience - and it would seem they have squeezed 185BHP out for £138 quid (220 Euros) not bad eh - just wonder about delivery and fitting though? they also have a 200BHP pack ready which involves much the same as LADs conversion - headwork, cams, filter, exhaust and ecu for 4000 Euros!

My filter is going well - does 100 in 16 dead now - you can feel the benefits of the filter at high revs in 4th and 5th now! freer flowing I guess
Do you have a web link for this 220 euro conversion?