ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cup v new astra Gsi

On paper which is the quickest?

mate has one I reckon I could take it as standard, not sure about now it has a phase 2 kit on it

on a flat piece of road it should be fairly close. think they are late 6s to 60 etc. uphill or anything not flat youll get cained-turbo torque!! corners and that you should muller him, lots of torque steer.

EP3 Civic Type R

yes turbo... notice Honda can produce this without the need for a turbo or high engine displacment

as I say its 250 bhp now with the phase 2 kit on, was just wondering if he returned it to standard what the outcome would be.

Cheers lads

172 FF

Are they all turbod? I raced one & left him by a good cars gap, then at the next lights he wouldnt even go for it.
But I did have a go at one up hill & he just started pulling away at higher speeds.

dk

911 GTS Cab

Quote: Originally posted by Essex_lads_bro on 04 July 2004

ive raced a couple and p*ssed on them, both in the wet and dry..
im sorry but you would not p1ss on one unless the driver was really sh1t! They are very fast, 197 bhp turbo, would be very close!

dk

911 GTS Cab

Quote: Originally posted by 106GTi97 on 04 July 2004

Cup should have the edge, they are not fast
wtf are you on?, yes they are VERY FAST, you ever driven one?

dk

911 GTS Cab

Quote: Originally posted by NIN-172 on 04 July 2004

Are they all turbod? I raced one & left him by a good cars gap, then at the next lights he wouldnt even go for it.
But I did have a go at one up hill & he just started pulling away at higher speeds.
there were two models, the SRi and the GSi, its the GSi with the 197 bhp, the SRi is the same engine but was not tuned as much as it was a tester model for the GSi, only a few of them made.

Titanium 182

if its the one im thinking?

mainly in blue colours nice front end t spoke 17s then

i raced one in my 200bhp ibiza and pulled away from it

and my mk1 172 with the mods is as quick to the 60 mark as that

id say cup to 60 astra back at a ton then from there it getting away!

the official press blurb is 7.0 to 60. not 62mph even. a 182 has been timed @ 6.3 to 60. as for the cornering i imagine there quite good my mates old astra diesel was pretty fluid... but even so its a lifeless piece of machinery as are many much fasters cars... really... who gives a royal guff how fast to 60 it is ?? is that all that matters ? 99% of people who race on roads are dicks anyway. its about how it makes you feel when you drive and il put money on a 600000bhp atari.. i mean astra still being DULL.

BTW they look really cool. but the engine sounds weedy and the exhaust is pure halfords.. nothing like a cupra T or R. and also theres an new astra out, so there will be a new gsi eventually. probably much better and people may choose those over a 182 if they can get them for 12.5K brand new as with the 182 with all the extras !

IMO :D