ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cup vs artic blue182 vs NXT (56k warning)

Quote: Originally posted by mr sheep on 20 March 2005

sweet , why do the 182 wheels look so much bigger than cups?
because there fatter, and the spokes go to the edge of the alloy, giving the appearence of a bigger alloy, the 172 cup turini stop about an inch away from the edge of the alloy, making it look smaller

Clio 182

Nice pics :)

Wish my 182 wheels looked that clean, spent ages washing and hoovering the car today and just couldnt face trying to clean the wheels... dunno what it is about them but the dirt just seems to stick to them like no other wheels Ive ever had... :-(

Prefer the cup wheels to look at.

Cheers guys!

182 blue, have been in Wales all weekend, so the car just got a qd before taking it out of its garage! PC did touch it last week though!

Clio v6

They look lovely. How on earth do you manage not to show the millions of stone chips ? Mine has tons already ( must stop driving it ):(

put a dab of touch up on it (with coctail stick), then put your laquer on, then cut it back, i use a "mothers" special set for it, and my stone chips can hardly be seen:)

Clio v6

Quote: Originally posted by MaLicE on 20 March 2005
all together now.... SILVERVISIONS

Nice to see a unique standard car for a change. :D

Suzuki SV650

Is the cup lower or is it just me? Is that how it is from standard?

Both sweet looking motors by the way, how on earth are those wheels that clean!? I tried doing mine today, they look terrible compared to the ones on that 182!

Ford Fiesta

Steve get yourself to Asda and get a red handled wheel brush a couple of quid. Soft and lets you clean the 182 wheels fairly easily. Then give them a coat of wheel wax and they will look as good as new. REach round the back with an old rag to clean behind the spokes too.

;)

Quote: Originally posted by StevieP on 21 March 2005

Is the cup lower or is it just me? Is that how it is from standard?

Both sweet looking motors by the way, how on earth are those wheels that clean!? I tried doing mine today, they look terrible compared to the ones on that 182!
Cup is lowered 30 mm on eibach pros, in reality this only equates to about 10-15mm so well spotted!

Follow liams advice for the wheel cleaning. If you have to, use wonder wheels once and then polish and wax them so that future cleaning is much easier.

tiTTy & SV650

Quote: Originally posted by Arianne on 20 March 2005

Nice pics :)

Wish my 182 wheels looked that clean, spent ages washing and hoovering the car today and just couldnt face trying to clean the wheels... dunno what it is about them but the dirt just seems to stick to them like no other wheels Ive ever had... :-(

Prefer the cup wheels to look at. here here

BMW 330d :)

Very smart now all i need is the cash to buy a 182 cup and also a v6, so i can have all three sitting in my drive!:D

Fraser

Suzuki SV650

Cheers for the cleaning tips Liam and brazo, trip to Asda is in order later on! Ive got too many tar spots and stuff on my 182 wheels at the mo.

I usually take my wheels off now and again to check everything is ok anyway and so blitz them when they are off.

nice pics - interesting comparison with the 172 cup colour and wheels.

i do like the 172 cup wheels design but the 182 ones do look bigger even though they arent.