ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CUP VS MINI ONE

I think as long as we keep to the basic points theyre interesting debates. Its understable that some of us will get defensive about our own cars, luckily i own neither cup/172 or cooper s but have driven all the before mentioned so my opinion is therefore right. lol!

At the end of the day were all different, and we give different aspects of driving different priorties. In my case i am a bit of a girls blouse so id take a normal 172 for its safety devices and aircon, i dont need loads and loads of performance as i can get plenty of thrills out of the car as it is thanks.

Come on guys lets not start one of these! it dont matter if theres sl*gging off cos your all sl*gs! apart from me and me julie of course! lol! kiddin btw! (cowers in corner)

we all have our own opinions of cars fair dos, maybe our opinions of other people should sometimes be kept to ourselves in future, this is a car forum after not a person forum. And it will also save on hassle!

kiss kiss kiss!

Dan

Top man Danny........ but I just got to get one more in on Cupsize. My comments were not sl*gging anyone off I was just simply pointing out the fact that I didnt belive you because personally I think you make stories up in your head. I do quite clearly state that if it wasnt for reading 90% of your other post I would believe your victory. In the 5 or 6 months I have had my S I have come up against just one clio 172 and that was an arranged meet with someone off this forum. Never met one at the traffic lights or on a twisty road by chance. Same with a Type-R. I just find it ironic how you manage to come up against all these different hot hatches and say you toasted everyone....like the Impreza a few weeks ago. A topic arises with a "competitor" and then all of a sudden you have raced one that morning on your way to work and made it become a mere dot in your mirror.

I AM SORRY I STARTED THIS....AT THE END OF THE DAY TO END ALL ARGUMENTS 172 FAB CAR CUP FAB CAR MINI FAB CAR.....AT THE END OF THE DAY WE ARE ALL INTERESTED IN RENAULTS AND THE THIS FORUM SHOULD NOT BE USED FOR PEOPLE TO COME ON HERE AND BASICALLY BE QUITE AGRESSIVE ABOUT MY CAR IS FASTER THAN YOURS!!!! WE ALL OWN GREAT CARS IN ONE WAY OR ANOTHER!!!EVERYBODY TAKE A CHILL PILL AND ORDER A CURRY..MIGHT PASS THROUGH THE sh*tE CUPSIZE KEEPS SAYING HA HA HA ONLY JOKING!!!!

Cupstar - any chance of turning the Caps Lock off.....it makes it look like youre shouting everything you write!!!

Rhys

Jesus Wars have been started over less, I think everyone should calm down and respect each others cars especially the little french ones!

But I like the mini and they look cool but with regards to performance they cant touuch the clio, I raced a Cooper over the snake pass, I know the owner and basially i left him on the straights but on the real twisty chit he closed up! Im no Colin mcrae and he is no Richard BURNS it was a bit of fun as all of this should be, there are no points at risk no world championship crown, the only points are those issued by the old bill!

So lets all play far and chat nicely! Here endth my story!

CTR EK9 turbo

When youre racing on the roads the person behind can pretty much always keep up in the bends, in most good handling cars. With regards to handling the only real place you can exploit it is on a race track to be honest or maybe a long deserted roundabout? Its easy for the person behind to keep up in bends because the person in front has dared to go so fast and the person behind thinks ok, its ok to go that fast, also the guy in front will have seen that the road is clear etc and the person behind can cut corners etc etc etc. You cant really compare handling properly on the roads.

Theres so many different points to look at even before you get to the handling of the car.

Here they are:

Driver - this includes experience, mood, knowledge of the road, knowledge of his/her car, daringness/testicle size, weight, eye sight, coordination, health, shoe size, leg strength (for braking), reaction times....... the list is endless....

PSssss Heres the number of my mates scooby wrx I toasted if you fancy ringing him - 07753xxxxxxx, oh, and the S3 - 07753xxxxxxx.

If you read my posts you would have noticed they are mates of mine.................;) All controlled experiments my friend!

The number for the Cooper S is 0990 Kiss My ASS..........................LMAO

<post edited by JAS to remove phone numbers as asked for by CUPSIZE>

No I dont watch the salon cupsize........I have enough of that in the day. Already done 3 rinses and touched someones highlights up this morning alone. Just tried those numbers and got through to a company that sell extra large bras for extra large cupsizes.

I actually honestly have just tried the S3 owners number and got through to a foxy Irish bird. The Scooby number was on divert.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Quote: Originally posted by vtrman99 on 28 January 2003

i think we need the UN weapons inspectors in here to keep the peace ;)
nah, I doubt they would find anything !!!

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Quote: Originally posted by CooperS-Boy on 28 January 2003

...like the Impreza a few weeks ago.
Just to say that I had a play with an imprezza on some B roads, and could out accelerate it every time (quite convincingly too not just a small margin).

I unfortunaly dont know which version it was as it was debaged though.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

CooperS-Boy,

Seriously, how do you rate your car ? have you had many problems ? (trying to stop the bitching)

I have never raced a mini cooper s so I dont know what they are like, on paper the 172 would win.

Do you think you could beat a 172 ?

_KDF..............Car is going well and have had no problems since I got it in September. Needs more power though which is why I am getting the Hartge conversion done. I have only had a proper race with one 172 and that was with Rhys off this forum. Over the twisty stuff there was nothing in it at all to compare against and we had them on a long straight from second gear all the way to 115 in 4th and again it was even. My car was only about two weeks old at this point and had just 800 miles on it. Run in period should be 1200 miles and it has definatley loosend up a bit more since. Now at about 4.5K.

PS Just rang that bird up again and asked her if she was interested in buying a clio cup further to her recent internet enquiry. She unsuprisingly answered that she doesnt have a clue what a clio cup is nor looking anything up on the internet. Not bad to say that you apparently shagged her in the back seat last weekend Cupsize!!

Funny she has a Northern Ireland accent aint it and , oh Im from Northern ireland too, oh and her numbers in my mobile phone book...................strnage that, cant believe you actually took the time to phone the number, how sad...................

Cupsize I can oficially confirm what I always thought and that is that you are full of sh*t. If you are lying about your mate with the S3s phone number and then your birds then it doesnt exactly fill me with confidence in believing all your toastings which you have made in the few months you have been in posession of your Clio Cup.

Yeah I have to agree too that it is becoming rather tiresome and tedious. Sorry that it has dragged on so long. I promise not to post again on this subject. I have to admit though there has been the odd quality post that has brought a smile to my face. .....................Whoops gotta go as the purple rinse brigade has just walked through the door as on Wednesday afternoons we give OAP discounts.:)

Cooper S - enoughs enough now come on - Seriously I am in the sh*t - it is Joannes number (my fiancee) and she phoned me after lunch and gave me a serious telling of about putting her number on the internet! Guess i deserved it then! Anyways enough of this agro, Im really not full of sh*t though and I did seriously have the race with S3 , Cooper S and Scooby - hard to believe i know, but apart from that I never get any decent races so I had to let u all know about them - they were close fair enough, but I did come out tops. I swear on my cup I am telling the truth....................lol

Alfa Mito 155TB

Cupsize didnt you try and preach to me in another posting...do you remember when you said it swas stupid to go up to 143mph...remember when i toasted a cup?....well in one of your postings you stated you raced beyond 120mph....so i think you have double standards and full of sh!T too.

Lol what a thread, cupsize what exactly do you mean by toasting Im lost - the cars youve toasted have similar performance - where did this experiment - take place - on the track.

Or did common sense prevail with your colleagues.