ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[Current/Next Gen] FIFA 14

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
You're buying it on 360 as well?

Nope. Buy the season pass which gives me early access (this weekend) as well as all the DLC and 24 free FUT packs. I'll then sort my FUT team and points out which then transfer over to next gen when it comes out.

Don't think I'll bother getting it for 360, so a week of playing it via the season pass will do.

DCi
If you buy the ea season ticket you get all the ea sports games a week early (but only for 1 week, then they expire)

So you can download FIFA a week early but it stops working once its released

You also get things like NHL and NFL as part of the season ticket for a week each

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Oh right, nice. How much is the season pass? Must be £30+?

About £20 I think. Whatever $25 equates to.

But you also get DLC and 24 free FUT packs over 24 weeks. I like FUT. I had a f*cking awesome team last year, then sold them all and made 1.4million coins and sold them for real money on Ebay. £80 or so. LOL.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
What DLC can you get?

Not sure you get DLC actually come to think of it. Having just looked it's 20% off all DLC which comes out in the future.

But you do get the following:

ACCESS TO OVER $100 OF PDLC ACROSS ALL PARTICIPATING TITLES
Don’t wait to build your club in Ultimate Team, compete against your friends, or test your skills in weekly global tournaments. With EA SPORTS Season Ticket, get a leg-up on your opponents with access to the following PDLC across all five participating titles:

24 Pro Madden Packs (over $30 in value)
24 NHL Premium Gold Packs (over $30 in value)
24 FIFA Premium Gold Packs (over $30 in value)
24 Tiger Woods PGA TOUR Pin Packs and an Exclusive Golf Club Set
24 NCAA Football® All-American Packs (over $30 in value)

3 DAYS EARLY ACCESS
Download your favorite EA SPORTS titles 3 days early and get into the action while your friends are still dreaming of throwing 40-yard bombs or ripping the back of the net. Carry forward your progress and achievements when you buy on launch day to stay ahead of the game.

20% OFF ADDITIONAL PDLC
Want to save even more? With EA SPORTS Season Ticket you get 20% off all PDLC available in all participating titles. Get more Ultimate Team packs, more courses, more players and more boosts for your money. If it’s available for purchase, you get 20% off. It’s that easy.

As I said, I played a lot of FUT last year early on, as you can compete online or offline with your team. This year you can actually use your created FUT team in online friendles too, which is a great addition. So with the season pass I'll just build that squad and then transfer everything over in November.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
F*cking caved and ordered this.

Will just sell when I get the next gen version free with my XBO.

Damn.

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Started UT properly at lunch, opened 4 gold packs free with pre ordering, nothing fantastic though.

Not sure if GTA or FIFA after work...Lol.

Fiesta ST-3
UT is awful IMO of course.

I'd much rather play online seasons! Had a few games earlier... Scored some crackers! The shooting is mucho improved. It's laughable trying to turn in the rain, the momentum is mega.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I was hooked on FUT on F13. For the first few months at least. Was great fun.

Then I sold my entire team for 1.5m fifa coins and sold the coins on Ebay for £70.

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
I ended up with a killer team towards the last few months of UT, pissed me off we have to start again with literally zero coins!

Got a BPL team started, taking shape nicely!

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Saw Fifa on the Playstation Booth at the Eurogamer Expo yesterday - looked fantastic - gave the impression of more visual depth, especially with the crowd and pitch surroundings.

Quite impressed by that video. Looked nice. Loved the little animations by the corner flag prior to taking the corner and also the fact when he puts the ball down it was different location for 2 corners.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Getting tempted to buy this on 360. No idea why, don't even play UT.

Online friendlies will still be great. Will take some getting used to especially with the new inertia features etc but all good.

DCi
I saw a Ronaldo selling for approx 1.4 mil earlier... I.e. People were bidding

The games only been out a day here but even if you think of the Americans getting it earlier and earlier still via season pass there must be people investing loads of cash to get that much so fast

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
The accomplishments aren't saving in pro clubs. I'm still at 0/00 for everything despite unlocking quite a few.

DCi
Was ok for me earlier.

I played 4 ultimate team games earlier and there was 2 teams where the whole squad was from the same team... Why not just stick to seasons and save f**king about with contracts etc

Clio 1.2 16v
I've been so lucky with packs this year, Dani Alves, IF Guzan, Marcelo, Neuer so far.

Still can't play properly yet though its much harder this year to score

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
PS3 is terribly slow menu and presentation wise compared to 360 apparently.

Almost unplayable.