ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Curry smell

BMW 120i Sport

Anyone had a blast of curry smell from the air con in the 182?

Probably my fault for not having it well used during the winter and there may be germs in the system somewhere. Its not all the time, only had it twice since the warmer weather came in.

Do you think i should swing by the dealers and have it looked at?

I read the other day that 10 minutes on full blast cold, follow by another 10 on full blast hot should help.

2005 Impreza WRX STI

u didnt drive past an indian at the time did u? i smelt pizza when i drove past an italian resteraunt?:p

Clio 182 (05)

I had a friend throw up in one of my air vents. :cry: Not the 182 thank god, but my first car. Never did get it out either.

I think all Air-Con smells bad if you dont use it for long periods. The company Astra I was driving prior to getting the 182 used to reek of long-dead small furry animal after long periods of not using the Air-Con, I just used to leave it running for a while on hot (while I got out, obviously) and it cleared in 10 - 15 minutes, as per Ben Hs post above.

Ford Fiesta

so everyone use their air con for a couple of hours pre week like i do. should be ok then.

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

I have my climate control on 18 degrees, so its almost always kicking in and out. No problems that way :)

don't

on my gti-6 it reaked of b.o. really badly so i bought some aircon cleaner to sort it out

will have to give it the 10 mins of cold and 10 mins of hot every now and again to make sure it doesnt get bad again as i dont really use it that much