ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Custom made Induction Kits

Ive been looking around and to be honest, closed induction kits, or kits with direct cold air feed, dont look that hard to make, i mean custom jobbie with the right parts and build it yourself.

do induction kits cost so much becuase of the brand that make them, or is it coz ppl tink custom jobbies are just pikey?

Any body body a custom induction kit? and for what car/model?

ive spotted one in "other for sale" looks pretty professional

Skoda Fabia vRS

induction kits cost as much as they do, not due to material cost, but from the cost of research

Development costs?

What development costs.....

Go for it...make your own, simple is as simple does.

:Dyea this is what im talking about BenR, bit of DIY

just wanna know if anybody has done one?, what materials they used it? give me a good starting basis.

Suzuki SV1000S

trouble wiuth the 1.4 rt is that the TB is in a really awkward place.

Good luck, would love to see some pics when done mate!

If you use he correct diameter steel tube and rabficate an elbow to go over the TB, located the filter somewhere up front like behind the bumper of in the wheel arch etc etc etc.

Quote: Originally posted by BenR on 11 May 2004

If you use he correct diameter steel tube and rabficate an elbow to go over the TB, located the filter somewhere up front like behind the bumper of in the wheel arch etc etc etc.
defo do some D.I.Y buddy, development costs sounds like trying to justify an inflated cost!

19 16V

Boy in my street makes pipes for a living, when I had my Clio RT I measured the Bosch TB, then sat and drew a design for the re-location pipe to bring it down to where the cold feedpipe for the OE box is near the slam panel.... he had half done it and it was nice shiny alu but car got f**ked so he didnt finish it off as I got a GTS-X. Shame cause I could have sold it!

Golf Mk6 Oil Burner

Quote: Originally posted by TheJesus on 12 May 2004

what about using the standard airbox and ducting to the front for a cold air feed??? Speak to Clean16v, hes done it too.
I was thinking about this to. A good panel filter (ITG maybe) then a modified airbox with the ducting for the increased, colder air ??

If someone could do these on an exchange basis Im sure they could make some money from it for their time!

Any ideas ??

No need to drill holes.

Just get some 73mm ducting from the existing inlet to the front duct with the blanking on.

Oh, and you got an RT...plenty more space to do the same.

Niceone clean16V thats kinda thing im looking for to give me some ideas. might even got scrappy pick up a few airboxs and start desinging.

ta for the help lads.