ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Da polishing time

A blue one
hopefully should be reciving the g220 tomorrow, cant wait :D. im big into my detailing but have never used one and im basicly just asking how should i prep my car and polisher and simple step by step process how to use it.

big thanks in advance gazz.

A blue one
yup do everything at the moment from washing, claying, sealing, waxing ect. but only polish by hand to remove small scratches as such, just thought id buy a da polisher to bring out my hard earned results even more, and have recently bought my first slr ready to get some propa pics together!!!

gazz.

DCi 100
Xenon bulb torch wouldn't go a miss.

I guess stepping up to a machine polisher is the next thing in the stage of progression. I've never polished by hand so can't compare, but using the DA is ace. So quick and so slow at the same time though.

But please for the love of god never push the pad onto the paint while it's rotating. Always make contact, THEN turn the machine on! Or soon enought your backing plate will be in two pieces, or your pad with backing plate will be in next doors garden!

A blue one
Ha i have just read that on there, you talking from experiance lol. Just read that and was an alright read and very interesting, big help!!
Iv actually got a few xenon torches about which i thought was good reading through that.

thanks gazz.

DCi 100
Experience yes! Long story.

Read it again after you've experimented polishing IMO, you look at all the info in a different light and take different stuff in second time round with alittle experience.

Enjoy your polisher! :)

Not a 320d
What polishes do you have?

Dont worry about damaging paint as its impossible with a g220.

Broke mine the other day, thats the 5th one ive had.