ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

DA vs. Rotary ?

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
I've lost/sold/misplaced my Kestral Das6. Literally no idea where it is..

But I want to get another one - if the old one turns up, I'll sell it. Or keep it. Who knows.

Fancied a rotary for it's obvious benefits when polishing however it was pointed out that I couldn't use it for glazes etc. (is that right?) which I probably used the DA for more than correction.

I've used Ant's rotaries - old and new - and the newest ones are really nice to use without needing forearms like Popeye. :eek:

So I'm looking for a bit of advise as to what to get as I'm sort of set up for a DA already. Tempted to get a rotary but then have to hope/pray that the DA turns up... or buy both....

Thanks

:evil:

I've lost/sold/misplaced my Kestral Das6. Literally no idea where it is..

But I want to get another one - if the old one turns up, I'll sell it. Or keep it. Who knows.

Fancied a rotary for it's obvious benefits when polishing however it was pointed out that I couldn't use it for glazes etc. (is that right?) which I probably used the DA for more than correction.

I've used Ant's rotaries - old and new - and the newest ones are really nice to use without needing forearms like JD. :eek:

So I'm looking for a bit of advise as to what to get as I'm sort of set up for a DA already. Tempted to get a rotary but then have to hope/pray that the DA turns up... or buy both....

Thanks

:evil:

EFA.

DAS-6 Pro for a DA, or get the EP801 that Kev (Gallistrosity) raves about.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
As said it depends what you will use it the most for. I switched back to a DA as I much preferred using it with glazes and pre wax cleansers and only occasional correction. For most correction look at a rotary if not a DA. plus with the MF cutting pads you can get a good level of cut before refining with a DA.

Also can you put up with the vibrations of a DA?

As far as the EP800 version, that felt as unbalanced as a DA and nothing like the feel of a decent rotary, although it did correct well.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
The vibrations never bothered me... can't say I really noticed them ?

I think I'll buy a DA TBH.. maybe go Pro and work on the forearms (Hi JayDee x)

What's the verdict on glazes with a rotary ? Big N-O ?