ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dad's new Focus RS

Tappd'd RS
The RS sounds pretty nice, but doesnt really sound that much different to my old mans ST. If i owned the RS i would have to get it decatted. A guy i know from work has a 310 bhp Decatted ST and it sound really good. actually pops and bangs and spits flames. Not everyones cut of tea tho :)

My old man had an ST before this and the RS sounds completely different. The video doesn't do it justice at all. Think I need a better microphone! :)

Tappd'd RS
Added some new pics to Flickr the other day.

In here - http://www.flickr.com/photos/albroon/sets/72157618499126563/

3672620984_edc7eaeb7c.jpg

3671810025_b47e79c997.jpg

a burnt one
Seen a green one at the petrol station forecourt the other week, it stuck out like a sore thumb sandwiched between a micra and chavved up 1.1 saxo, i wanted to go over and talk to the guy but was running late for my nightshift.

Was owned by an old chinese man in his 50's, the take-away must be doing a roaring trade:)

If anyone saw the one on the hill at Goodwood, and has experienced them in 'real life', do they really pop and bang that much?

At the FoS even at 40mph it sounded like a hardcore gravel warrior (in fact, the actual rally cars in attendance didn't even sound that extreme, aside from the Quattro S1)

It seemed to be a standard car (it's the one Top Gear used), I assumed at the time that the driver just knew exactly what to do to get maximum impact even at cruising speed.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
If anyone saw the one on the hill at Goodwood, and has experienced them in 'real life', do they really pop and bang that much?

At the FoS even at 40mph it sounded like a hardcore gravel warrior (in fact, the actual rally cars in attendance didn't even sound that extreme, aside from the Quattro S1)

It seemed to be a standard car (it's the one Top Gear used), I assumed at the time that the driver just knew exactly what to do to get maximum impact even at cruising speed.

I noticed that too, i heard it pop a few times on the hillclimb it sounded awesome :evil:

Tappd'd RS
I've not 100% figured out a fool proof method to get it to pop and bang.

Needless to say, get the exhaust hot, give it plenty and then let off quickly tends to help but doesn't pop all the time.

Tangoed Works
H&T on the downshift after its been pasted to get the exhaust hot usually works.

Love the way these beasts sound.

Tappd'd RS
H&T isn't that easy on an RS due to the pedal position. It's possible, just a little more awkward than some other cars. :)

OLR

Ph1 172 and Red 197
Didnt TopGear show the R26R was faster in the twisities :)

I love the RS though

Just waiting for my numbers to come up and I will do a 3rd test to make sure, missus wants an RS (green), I want an R26R (black on black). Nice way to spend £50k.

Sweet. Dirty FTW!. Another forum member has just ordered a white one with LP2 and half leather. They are an epic bus.

1 Series Coupe
I think i need one of these in my life...

Is it really a 30k car? When i test drove i didn't think so... Maybe it takes some getting used to?

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
The blue is awesome. There's a green one and a white one just up the road from me, and the green just makes the car look really plastic and cheap.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Saw a white one the other day driving past near where I live, It looks good but I wasn't really blown away by it - doesn't scream 30k to me.