ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dad's new Focus RS

Ad

MK2 FRS
Your old man has way too good taste in cars. lol.

Looks stunning. They really are something special.

Clio 197
Cool dad you have there :D I'd have one in green, but blue looks absolutely great too! Probably going to testdrive a white one soon.

Tappd'd RS
Had a good run in the car today, some 200 miles. Lanarkshire over to the Ayr coast then on to Dumfries, Moffat and back to the shire. Even driving modestly it's stunning and assuming I still like it when I can give it the beans then I'm seriously considering getting my name on the waiting list to get a green or white one next year.

I'm sure the Impreza is just as quick (probably with the PPP it's a little quicker) but it's not in the same league in the driving stakes. In fact, it's a different f**king sport.

Tappd'd RS
I took a video today on my D90 for those who requested it but it was sh*t - for some reason you couldn't hear any of the pops and bangs.

Will try and get a better vid with a proper video camera and mic.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Cracking Car..... Not sure I'd want my Dad owning one though but depends on his age though I suppose

Tappd'd RS
Maybe at some point Danny but I'd lose a ridiculous amount of money on the STi if I got rid of it now.

There's very little in the straight-line performance (as the mags appear to have shown). RS is INFINATELY better to drive though; steering is SO sweet! :)

I'll just need to enjoy the old man's RS; at least for the time being.

Tappd'd RS
100mm I think - will try and did out the spec sheet.

My Dad, being my Dad downloaded a full technical spec for the car. God knows how many pages it runs to!

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
tidy son, tidy.

glad to see the shitey 09 plate has been binned.

saw one tanning it along queen street in edinburgh, was white sounded good

Ph1 Clio V6, Ph2 172
Got a video of the exhaust note now the car is run in

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTAgjFdChVY[/youtube]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTAgjFdChVY

Not a fan of the twin exhausts myself. I reckon one would have been fine at that size. A single like the real Ford Works cars would have looked good I reckon. Sounds absolutly identicle to a Volvo S60/V70 R too. Infact it has exactly the same engine other than a slightly more vocal waste gate/BOV. Just a shame Ford never used the same, easy to source, 4 wheel drive system as it would have blown the scoobies and evo's clear out of the water especially when people start to play with them, like 80% of all us petrol heads do. You can remap an S60/V70 to around 350bhp with the right bits fitted. Bit more seriouse and 500 isn't too hard. Will a fwd handle well with the right foot planted at that point??.... no!! I grant you it does handle AMAZINGLY as standard but..................BUT!!!..............when the Ford hits the greasy autumn/winter roads, 4 wheel drive will always have the edge.....end of. Ford cant change physics no matter how clever they are. I can't see why ford went to such lengths and money to produce a beautiful handling fwd car when they could have just spent half the time and money on a four wheel drive system to produce what could have been an epic handling car i.e Skyline GTIR, Evo handling standards.

Last edited:

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
4WD systems are heavy, add that to an already beefy car and its not going to be as special imo!

Plus, that Revo Knuckle system is supposed to be damn good as it stands. Ford make good fast hatches, this is no exception to the rule :)