ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Daily DCI 65

Renault Clio DCi 65
Had it for around 8 months now and it goes well for a 65 clio, done over a 120k and its still going strong.

Heres a few pics of it.

Its been detailed the other day but it wont stay clean for long.

208i6gp.jpg

258yqoh.jpg

4vl446.jpg

3495j54.jpg

Mods so far are:
K&N panel filter
Decat
Colour coded door handles and door strips (not fitted yet)
Rear 172 bumper
Front and rear diamonds have been carbon wrapped
LED number plate light, front lights and smoked side repeaters.

Plans so far are to:
Lowering springs
New wheels
Sports Grill
Possibly a remap
Remove the tints
Paint my new 172 spoiler when it comes

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Nautical Blue Dci 65 Clio

Plans sound fair, some restoration of the headlights and a set of silvervisions wouldn't go amiss.

Renault Clio DCi 65

Yeah headlights are quite bad tbf. Some progress by the weekend hopefully, my 172 spoiler came today just needs spraying and fitting. Ordered some silver vision bulbs and going to collect some turinis from bristol on friday which i got for £300.

Renault Clio DCi 65

I think there off a megane coupe by the looks of it they were on the car when i bought it. Tyre size 195/60/r15

Renault Clio DCi 65

A few updates. Bought a set of speedlines of a member on here (Jones88) they were well worth the 250 mile round trip :). Tyres are all good Toyo Proxess and alloys are in good nick but will be getting re-painted towards the summer.
Heres a few crappy phone pictures with them on.

2mw9cw8.jpg

2ry6494.jpg

Will be lowering in a few weeks but unsure on which springs to get atm. Undecided between apex or eibach and how much to lower it by? Not looking to spend a lot on them to be honest so if any has got any for sale then give me a shout :). Colour coded doorstrips and 172 spoiler should be one soon once the weather picks up -_-

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel

You say it's been detailed but whoever detailed it wants f**king.

They didn't dress the plastics.

4vl446.jpg

1.2 16v
Nautical Blue Dci 65 Clio

Pound land.. Back to black spray, (which is clear)... Will sort your plastics out! Does the job perfectly! Lasts me a couple of weeks, lasted even during this so called winter!

Renault Clio DCi 65

I detailed/cleaned it.Tried loads of dressings on that bit, gonna end up spraying it black.

1.2 16v

Seriously pop to pound land I think it's called and get a can of this... (will post a pic in a sec)

1.2 16v

Sorry double post pissing tapatalk keeps crashing when I edit...

Anyway this..

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358210772.849840.jpg

Try get some of that if you can. Leave it on for 15-20 mins, make sure it doesn't get wet.. An wipe it off... Black plastics Will be good as new! Not bad for a quid :)

1.2 16v

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358211005.201154.jpg
gy4u5uny.jpg

All the mirrors, bits attached to the mirrors and the car, spoiler... Bumpers everything was like your rear wiper till above after I have it a good once over... Not detailed just waxed on and off till I bust a tit.

Looking great though mate!!!! Wish I had some alloys :(

Last edited:
  Renault Clio DCi 65

Cheers cragio i'll look into it.

Finally a clio sport club member! Well worth the money and cant wait for my goodies in the post :)
Not much progress at the minute due to the weather :(. But there will be some updates to follow soon and pictures.
First of all silver vision bulbs have been bought and fitted. Door strips have now been painted and will be on soon but debating whether to paint the dci badge anthracite/silver or just leave it how it is?
Spoiler has been primed and ready for some colour when the weather picks up. Also unsure if i should lower the car next month or get my turinis sprayed anthracite? Been quoted £160 by a friend.

1.2 16v

I would leave he DCi badge as it is now.. As this can tell other people what type of DCi you have :) but that's just me! Could always replace. Try photoshopping it see if you like it done a different colour.

Can't wait to see the pics. Do it cost much to paint the black Trim on the outside?

Renault Clio DCi 65

Well ive got a spare set so gonna play around with them. Ive painted them myself so it hasn't cost me a lot at all, cost £10 for a can of spray paint matched to my paint then another £20 on primer and lacquer.

Renault Clio DCi 65

Snow has finally cleared and has allowed to clean my car :clap:
From this.
2s5xp4n.jpg

To this.
2rnfpra.jpg

2hgbj1j.jpg

2koq5k.jpg

And now this...
2r6im8g.jpg

Silver visions are now in and have managed to give the headlights of quick going over with some wet and dry and my DA polisher.
k4jatx.jpg

Few of the interior, wrapped the centre bit in carbon fibre but unsure whether to keep it or not. Also thinking about painting the inside of the car insert blue to match my car, so the all the numbers and lines will be blue.
lec1v.jpg

C&C welcome :)

Edition 30

Needs an RS Grille.

Nice colour. Naughty blue is best.

Renault Clio DCi 65

You got that right, thats next on the list. Fed up of seeing that battered one now lol.

Renault Clio DCi 65

Whats people's thoughts on my painted gear insert colour coded to the car and dci badges?
w1pbwi.jpg

2gt83ki.jpg

Renault Clio DCi 65

Must of read my mind ;) got the mrs to paint the letters on the badge as she likes painting. An alright job could of done better but didnt wanna say that lol.
sooabk.jpg

Can't wait to get them fitted with colour coded strips they look pukka!

Renault Clio DCi 65

Any chance of anyone photoshopping my turinis black and anthracite with colour coded diamonds please? Would be greatly appreciated :D

Renault Clio DCi 65

Update: Wednesday 6th February

Finally managed to get everything sprayed up and on the car.Looks really good and pleased with it for saying it was done with a rattle can. Spoiler needs a bit more work to make it match but it'll do now.
2uh0215.jpg

2dcg9zp.jpg

Also received my membership goodies so got to work putting them on :D.
34xm1kp.jpg

Anyone know the part no or where I can these from, they are used to mount the engine cover to the engine but haven't had any luck finding any?
k0ssua.jpg

245lhrr.jpg

Unsure on what to do next on the car due to not having a lot of money and also saving up for a new car.

Plans:
Sort front suspension knocking noise out.
Polybushed dog bone mount.
Sports grill (if anyone has one for sale let me know please)
Spacers for rear.
Maybe colour code front bumper trim.

C&C welcome:rasp:

Naughty 1.2L 16V

Looking really good, colour coding is spot on mate. I too have a naughty blue Clio, so pretty ;) did you spray the rear bumper yourself or get it done professionally and how much?

Similar plans to me, good to see them in action!

Renault Clio DCi 65

Cheers bud, picked the bumper of ebay of a bloke who sprayed it himself and fitted it to his 1.2 clio. Going to respray it in the summmer though. there's a few imperfections and he didn't prep it well enough. Should hopefully be lowered by next month :)

Naughty 1.2L 16V

Oh right :/ good luck with the project anyway, I do like the painted gear insert!

Decked Dirty Diesel!

I have a Dci 65 too! :clap:

How did you decat it mate? was it a pain?
Might sound a stupid thing to say but the dci cats are right below the engine and aparently a pain in the ass to remove and refit?

also is it chucking much black smoke or have you removed the Egr? :D

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa

decatting a dci , ie ghetto de-cat smashing the insides of the cat out is easy. getting the cat out is fun, drive shaft out to get the cat out, only easy way.

you cannot fully remove the egr , you can bypass it, but the egr must stay plugged in or the ecu will flag up a fault.

www.cliodci.net is your freind :)

looking good by mate, 150k on original injectors is good going !

Renault Clio DCi 65

My uncle removed it before he sold the car onto me, he put a second hand lump in with orginal injectors and pumped from the old one .Still got the egr in but it does chuck out a bit of smoke dunno if its the decat or because the egr is gunked up, gnna investigate lateer. Need to post a thread on dci.net still

Renault Clio DCi 65

Monday 18th Febuary

Today consisted of removing the rear tints which i'll get a picture of soon. Also been debating if i should paint my engine cover the same colour as the car? Looking into lowering it soon but just on springs whats peoples opinions on how low should i go?

Renault Clio DCi 65

Hmmm its tempting. Looking into some cooksport springs atm. Waiting for my rs grill to come still. Gonna paint my engine cover tomorrow evening and look into spacing the rear wheels out. Also ordered some fabric dye to have a play around with.

Renault Clio DCi 65

Tuesday 26th Febuary

Removed rear tints and awaiting my lowering springs from cooksport. Looks much better now.

x1zkft.jpg

Also painted my engine cover, need a new one soon though.
29o4pog.jpg

Renault Clio DCi 65
Monday 5th March

Springs from cooksport arrived last week big thanks to josh. Monday consisted of removing my old springs and fitting my new ones, well thats what I thought. The rears were nice n easy but the fronts wasnt so easy needed two new top mounts and bearings and also noticed my cv boot had split. Also the alternator pulley and tensioner are on there way out so thats more money spent.

Gave it a quick wash.
14w4wzl.jpg

42skm.jpg

rvitj9.jpg

Thoughts on painted centre caps
ir74g9.jpg

Renault Clio DCi 65

Thanks bud! Indeee it does, there next on the list. Dad is making some up at his work =)

Renault Clio DCi 65
Daily DCI

Haven't updated this in ages due to loosing interest over the winter period and mountain biking around the country.*
Clio is look in a sorry state atm with some mechanical issues and cosmetic issues too which will soon be addressed :(.*
j0h8aa.jpg

16jinfr.jpg

Recently I purchased some new dynamic clocks and stalk so now I have a trip computer function which I'm glad I did. Also re-did my dash strips and purchased some stickers from N2graphix to smarten them up.*

123slua.jpg

To do list:
Waiting on leds for dash light conversion.
Brand new set of injectors.
Spacers for front and back, plus stud conversion.
Swap over cooksport springs for some eibachi.
Re-spray door handles, drivers side strip, front bumper strip and spoiler.*
Clio 172/182 interior.
Give it a good clean and machine polish.

Does anyone use the engine cover on there DCI, I took my mine of cause it rattles like foook. Gonna make a way of bolting it on instead.