ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Daily DCI 65

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Re: Nautical Blue Dci 65 Clio

ive took my cover off. it fell apart. also drilled two holes on the airbox/ airbox brackets and jip tied them, no more airbox rattle :D

Renault Clio DCi 65

Yeah I've bolted down my airbox with some engine bobbins and 10mm nuts. Engine cover is held uselessly on them so took of even though I spent ages spraying it

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d

Do cooksports fit on non-sport suspension?

Good move on the clocks mate. One of the best things to do on a basic clio.

Engine covers are annoying on the DCI, terrible fittings.

If you're doing sport interior go for the 182 one, it's a little nicer with the white dots. Also be sure to fit FF carpet for a little more sound deadening and luxury.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa

which year do i need the clocks from for the MPG?

need a set for a kangoo, but i cant remember what ones i fitted to mine.

Renault Clio DCi 65

They fit just there not designed to work with non sport suspension there a wee bit hard and crashy on the front, but handling on them is good.

I'll keep an eye out for a 182 interior then, defiantly on my list of things to do, current interior let's it down a lot.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d

They'll be crashy on the front because the dampers are bottoming out. Lowering springs on the sport = extra extra lowering on non sport. Cut the bump stops a little on top and see if that helps.

Just get sport running gear ;) that'll solve everything.

Renault Clio DCi 65

Woops, that may be my problem then cause I would imagine that the spring is currently sitting on the bumpstop itself and not moving at all over bumps etc

Renault Clio DCi 65
Gave the car a quick clean and polish the other day finding lotss of scratches on the way that need machine polishing out.
otizol.jpg

Also received my Leds for my dash conversion from crazyleds. Can't believe how small these things are; glad I ordered a better soldering iron!
Bought this bargain to for £60 which I'm going to collect saturday.
osww3t.jpg

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Looks lovely, makes me more excited to get mine colour coded.

How are you planning to sort the drivers bag out? I've got a shagged old seat if you need a pretensioner and airbag. I was planning on blowing it up but don't mind donating!

Renault Clio DCi 65
I can't wait to see yours colour coded either, need to spray my front bumper trim soon. I've got two ways of doing it, first I'm gonna stitch it all back together and either use my old drivers seat pre tensioner and airbag or just put the leather seat trim straight over onto my old drivers seat. Which ever is easier really. But thanks anyway bud, i'll let you know if I need them.

Renault Clio DCi 65
Picked the interior up from ph-reebone who also has a dci rep. Managed to squeeze all the interior in and get home and then the rain started!
Managed to get the rear seats in first which took a while because of the famous bolt that no one can undo lol. Then started doing the passenger seat and realised my connectors weren't the same as the ones on the sport seat so instead of waiting to get another connector. I tore the old seat apart and took the airbag and wiring out.
Now I'm just left with drivers seat which I'm currently sewing back together, all that is left to purchase is the rear door cards and some new mats.
2mn16x0.jpg

Next weekend will consist of sorting the bumpstops on the front suspension and changing all the leds in the dash :)

Renault Clio DCi 65
Almost finished my led dash conversion just got the cd player and heater control left, what bulbs do I need for the heater control panel?
2cr1x55.jpg

Been talking to GrahamS about cruise control and he kindly sorted me out some of connection and plugs out of his old loom, thanks again. Just waiting on the rest of the parts before I can start cracking on with it.
Going to see Mick at DiamondMotors this weekend to get 2 of my injectors coded in.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Dash looks good mate. Need to finish mine off still.

I'll race you to see who can retro fit cruise control the quickest!

Renault Clio DCi 65
Cheers mate should be finished this weekend. Haha yeah if I had all the parts struggling to find them for the right price.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Cheers mate should be finished this weekend. Haha yeah if I had all the parts struggling to find them for the right price.

Just checked my old heater panel. Same bulb that's in the display. Can't remember what they're called but I imagine you do!

I'm pretty sure I had to message everyone who had been selling a ratty 182 wheel for the last 6 months before I got mine!

Renault Clio DCi 65
Just checked my old heater panel. Same bulb that's in the display. Can't remember what they're called but I imagine you do!

I'm pretty sure I had to message everyone who had been selling a ratty 182 wheel for the last 6 months before I got mine!

Sweet i'll order some now. Got one left over from clock display. Yeah I've messaged a few people so far may get the whole lot of ebay when I've been paid.

Renault Clio DCi 65
Saturday consisted of going down DiamondMotors to get 2 injectors coded and some other issues. Had been complaining of the eml light flashing when accelerating, Micks first thoughts was the EGR valve so that was all tested on CLIP which turned out ok. Turns out me being a tool I hadn't clipped the lines on properly that go on top of the fuel filter thus causing a minor air leak! Now the engine is running as sweet as a nut :).
Then I spent the rest of day dodging the rain whilst cutting the bumpstops on the front shocks to suit the lowering springs and my god it has made a hell of a difference thanks [USER=75244]GrahamS
Sunday was spent on my back covered in oil due to this.
dvfqkn.jpg

The gasket from the return had been leaking for some time as you can see this is all sorted now I hope! Such a pig of a job and part to get to.
Also converted my CD player from orange to white and blue (pictures to follow when it's dark) and found a handbrake button at the scrapyard to match my door handles. It's the little things that count ;)
2q9xape.jpg

Should hopefully have cruise control fitted within a week or two and spacers for the rear

Renault Clio DCi 65
Well I cut part of the handbrake just before it attaches of the one in the scrapyard. Then with my old I just used some grips and some cloth and it just pulls off then the new pushes on

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Good to see you sorted the bumpstops. Must be nice to have suspension back!!

Excited for cruise and CD player. Must do that soon

@-Danman- you can also just replace the whole mechanism which is 3 bolts and takes about 10 minutes

Renault Clio DCi 65
Good to see you sorted the bumpstops. Must be nice to have suspension back!!

Excited for cruise and CD player. Must do that soon

@-Danman- you can also just replace the whole mechanism which is 3 bolts and takes about 10 minutes

Indeed! It feels lovely haha!
I'm excited to found all the parts I need for £80 but gotta wait till payday so won't be fitted until next week. Which is shame because I've got a 144 mile drive to Bournemouth.
Future plans are:
New mats
Sport pedals
Spacers front and back
Spraying spoiler, boot button, front bumper trim and wheels are going a gun metal grey.
Hopefully get it all done before CSS!

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
That's the journey I use my cruise on. God send. I'll be fitting the cruise this week on the other DCI for exactly that journey. The m3 is a long long road. 60mph will see you get over 80mpg.get

Great plans. I just picked some RS mats up for £1 on ebay :D

Tough job to get it all done for CS but I'm sure it can be done.

Renault Clio DCi 65
Rub it in why don't ya! I'm sure i'll manage never had a car with cruise control before either.

A £1 how the feck did you manage that?!
Yeah a bit optimistic but hoping to get it done.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
£1 mats were a nice little bargain. We'll have to wait and see when I pick them up.

I haven't Chris no. Think Alex has but I'm not sure how. Maybe in his thread.

Mine doesn't get that bad though, I clean it every 10k and it's never terrible. Maybe where you injectors weren't coded there was a lot more incomplete combustion. Clean it and see in another month where you're at.

Renault Clio DCi 65
I've read a few how to's on various renault forums but unsure weather to do it.
Yeah it could do with a clean after running poorly, i'll give it a go and see how it from there.
Also has anyone removed the backbox and gone for a straight through pipe?

Many.
My EGR is blanked using the blank from eBay. Can't remember where it came from, wasn't UK.

Its a pain to get the clip back on again, and you'll need to do something about the solenoid. Unplugging it brings EML on, you can fit a resistor but I never bothered. I have my EGT sensor in there.

And as said, my exhaust is completely straight through yeah.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
I'm not entirely clued up how the EGR system is on the DCI but it does have benefits when the car is cold.

That DCI thread looks interesting and like a good fix. Love how clogged up the pipe was.

PS I'm sitting in front of a load of cruise control wiring ready for tomorrow! my first ph3 conversion :S

Renault Clio DCi 65
I'm gonna try alex's way of blocking it and see how it goes or just clean it all and leave it.
Lucky you, hope it goes well ;)
Finally got a picture of my cd player lights just heater control left which i'll do whilst I'm installing cruise control :)
n6c77n.jpg

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
ohhh that's cool. Really need to do mine. Are they all plcc-2?

Had a look at the window switches the other day and they seem to be a small bulb on 2 long wires.

Renault Clio DCi 65
I think so, the guide on here tells you which. They have to go in backwards unlike the dash clock ones.
The window switch ones are 1.8mm leds