ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dam it engine knocking and grinding still

ph1 172 Black
No before everyone tells me to use search I've hammered it.

I got uprated dogbone from Hillpower in summer. Everything seemed sorted.

Started knocking again so changed gearbox one and took battery off loosen other mount and pulled engine forward. Everything seemed good again.

Winter comes and the problem returns. Really annoyed so I brought the drivers side mount for £66 and fitted that today. The old one was knackered so I thought great this must be the end of my problems. Drove the car and a damn load better but still there.

So I only have one mount left to change. The one under the battery. It looks fine from above. Not split like shown on pictures in search. Thing is I spent £57+£22+£66 so far on mounts and another one is £34. I don't want to spend on a mount and the problem not to be solved. Obviously I needed the others but could there be something else I need to look at.

I spoke to Nick Hill and he said it's the manifold hitting the subframe. I spoke to my mechanic cause I heard someone had used a bracket to stop problem but mechanic said it would just add a lot of vibration which wouldn't be good.

End of the day I don't thrash my car every day it's a sunday car but when you want to toe it you don't want to hear horrible banging vibration noises cause you just think whats gonna break. Also why buy a fast car if you can't give it some stick!

Please any advice would be much appreciated!