ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

~Damn Car insurance on the cup~

clio 200
Had my renewal through this week and my car insurance seems to have rocketed up to £500 this year and havent made any claims or anything.

phoned them to ask why and they said they couldnt do any better and even when i threatened leaving they still said they couldnt offer it any cheaper.

went onto car insurance sites and seem to be getting stupid quotes and cannot seem to find 1 quote that was around what i was paying last year which was £400, cheapest i can find is £470 with a massive excess

Whats going on????

Golf R soon...
My insurance company, Greenlight, don't insure the cups at all. All other clio sports are fine! Strange!

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Best thing to do is ask to speak to management, explain the circumstances of your insurance and then tell them you can get it cheaper than you had the orginal quote you got for last year, then tell them that you might be inclined to go to write to the head office with the "poor customer satisfaction" your receiving.

Ill bet they change there tune then.

Shop around, try Privilege - they charge the same Cup or not, some insurers are putting the Cups up to 2 groups higher than a FF (or not covering as per greenlight), as they have a much high claim rate than then FF.

Will only get worse, as they get cheaper, they will fall into even more inexpereiced hands. Same happened with Scooby's as they got cheaper too.

Cups seem to creep into higher insurance groups than standard 172s despite its official group, and to be fair to the insurers I'm sure they have plenty of data to back their concerns up!

Tried Elephant? I never had any issues with them, at 24 (6yrs NCB) I think it cost me around £500.

EP3 Civic Type R
Try claiming off Elephant though- I've heard so many horror stories!

Have you tried Direct Line? They don't use middle-men etc so I always find them cheaper than anyone else and very good at what they do.

Direct line may be worth a shot :)

Thats who i'm with and i found them the cheapest :)

Your premium has probably risen this year as someone has to pay for all those Gloster (don't know how to spell it:rasp: ) flood claims. :(

The sad fact of life is that motoring has never been more costly. Crowded roads leading to more prangs and hiking up insurance, oil prices going through roof. Looks like we just can't win.

does seem worrying though - 25% increase.

i found Tesco the cheapest for my circumstances, hope it's not set to go up by much (if anything) this year - find out in the summer

"Navy" N17 TWO
You lot over the other side of the pond have it easy!

N.Ireland insurance is ridiculous :dapprove:

I was well chuffed with £660 on the FF :)