ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

damped interior grab handles

BMW 120i Sport

I popped in to Renault today to drop the car off to have the infamous 182 clunk sorted (engine mount replacement) when i was looking inside the new laguna and the megane. I was quite surprised to see that the grab handles (on the ceiling of the interior above the doors) were nicely damped when you pulled them and let go (affectionately named Jesus handles in my car).

However, the 182s interior Jesus handles arent damped and just spring back in a "ba-doing!" motion - I thought - "would be ideal if you could purchase the damped ones from the upper ranges and fit them", just to give the interior a bit more ... er ... luxury about it.

Anyone tried it? anyone know if theyre the same size on the megane etc?

Chocolate Bar™

dont know if theyll fit, but me and my girlfriend were fascinated by them in her dads car - its quite sad when you think about it :p

My dads Bora has the same idea, glove box is damped too. I know its a bit sad but it does give off an air of quality.

Interesting to see if you could retro fit the Laguna ones into the Clio.

Clio 197

Im thinking about doing it, as the current ones dont have a coat hook.

Im also thinking about doing the same with the interior/reading lights (which are poo).

BMW 120i Sport

Quote: Originally posted by Tom on 03 May 2005
Modus ones should work

Tom, do you know if the Modus ones are damped?

Yeah i would be interested to know if the megane ones would fit. Noticed that in the Trophy the drivers side grab handle has been replaced by a neat little sunglasses holder, hmm that gives me an idea! . . . ;)

like my mates says in his golf gt tdi like thye are on hydraulics? hes showing off about them being like this, i would love to get some in my car and suprise him :D