ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dan and his new Phase 1 Flamer :)

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
After deciding i wanted just the one car this caught my eye. I had a phase 1 years ago and really liked it. The spec of this car apealed, recaros, pms exhaust, matched inlets, gaz coil overs, induction kit with battery relocation in the boot, white line anti roll bar, better brakes etc.

Got the car last Sunday and on and off been cleaning it throughout the week. Still not 100% there but close enough for now.

Some pics of before and during today's effort, the last pic being my favourite. The lighting isn't great in work but it does really shine.

Car drives well and goes like the clappers, although front brakes will need replacing soon. Any way pics,

flamer%20001_zpsjqcybrgl.jpg

flamer%20002_zps82iismxy.jpg

flamer%20003_zpswwyjcifb.jpg

flamer%20004_zpsszki96vy.gif

flamer%20005_zpsf9bev6mb.gif

flamer%20007_zps12djlurw.gif

This shampoo is ace

flamer%20008_zpsr6oiykf4.gif

Pretty much dry after a wash. Be the 85 layers that helped lol

flamer%20010_zpsgpryehh6.jpg

Revive on all the black stuff, well nearly all

flamer%20013_zpsiubjajai.jpg

flamer%20012_zpskmrs5gvi.gif

Pic of seats with my stickers ha ha

flamer%20016_zpspms2qyg2.jpg

A very nice glaze used on top of my vics red wax

flamer%20017_zpsz2wmqbpy.jpg

flamer%20018_zps4sws03b7.jpg

A few finished pics, photo bucket is driving me insane today

flamer%20021_zpsttmm2jd6.jpg

flamer%20019_zpsy71rruwb.jpg

flamer%20022_zpsud2jozyg.jpg

flamer%20024_zpsh7ehtsnn.jpg

Last edited:

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
A big thanks to @dmallett

Dan seems a nice chap. We didn't meet sadly as the car was just too far away for me to travel so I had it delivered. Answered all my daft questions and I'm sure he will be missed in the Clio scene

A thanks to @ADS1982 for a few pointers in cleaning products, not much he doesn't know.

@LeeRS pic of under the bonnet as requested mate.

Comments welcome as always

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
I would say it's 90% up to my standards mark, room for improvement.

Mmm drive wise. When people get a new car it's normally way better than the previous one, obviously!. This is quick and I will love the car. Phase 1's are ace. But the monaco was a hoot to drive. Different horses and all that but I'm very happy.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers guys. The spoiler is staying, I like the look tbh.

Off to see if my ktec or itg filter will fit :)

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Nope not really mate. With these cars it's how they have been maintained, timing is key imo. It feels more raw, connected so to speak. But a good phase 1 vs a good phase 2 would be level pegging all things being equal.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Nope ref the spoiler lol.

I got given it very kindly by @ADS1982 top chap. I don't normally add it on top it was only because I have so much stuff. £25? For hor much?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Not at all mate. Any questions is cool. I highly recommend that shampoo btw. £9.50 delivered at polished bliss

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
Literally just bought a whole bottle :weary: this is why I'm always poor. Found the discount code already though :wink:

It's the photos of the finish that's made me do the Jump from sustained to poor. Looks awesome. If you decide to clean it or any other car with the glaze feel free to upload (;

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
good choice the flamer looks like a mirror, having seen pics of the car without the glaze earlier this week.There is a big difference in my eyes :smile:

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Without doubt you are too blame with my purchase of cleaning products recently. The free stuff you sent me helps though lol

I'd love to try it on another car but my brothers got a silver van and a silver family car. My parents have a silver shitbox Yaris and my girlfriend has a baby blue micra that she couldn't give a monkeys about never mind me coming over to clean it rather than see her. So all I have is the Black 182 that technically isn't really a colour either "/ (still awesome when clean though)

This be why Flamers, Monaco, inferno and LY be the best colours. After hours of cleaning and the gleaming of it in the sun that is. Imo of course (;

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
I love black cars but they are an arse to clean, or keep clean. Have you got any good wax?

Mainly use liquid wax, I like cleaning/detailing but proper hand wax's I can't deal with. Got a sample pot of purple haze but then liquid wax's I have

nattys liquid blue, Zymol and the main one I use is chemical guys butter wet wax.

EX-P sealant before hand and black hole glaze before that. Now this finishing glaze to top it all off too.