ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dan@SJM's 1720v

Status
Not open for further replies.
  KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
Re: My Phase 1 ITB Daily Runner

Not much happening this end at the moment. Money situation has put the car on hold currently but I'm looking to get by...

There have been a few times where I've considered giving in and selling up to free up some cash madly... but after all the money work and effort thats been put into I'd rather have an alligator bite my **** off.

I'm planning on going up with the car to TDF towards the end of March and go from there. Although Fred and Sam @ BTM have done a great job putting the replacement lump in without a map and a serious re-wire as far as tracking it and any given hard abuse is concerned I can't help but look at it as a paper weight :(

At the end of the day it all boils down to money, but I refuse to let it put a smack on my spirits and watch this space for some progress hopefully soon.

Bloody car

I know how you feel but I know if I sold now I would only end up doing it all again so a false economy really,you just have to stick with it and try and be patient which I am not lol.

Car looks great.

Evo 5 RS

I know how you feel but I know if I sold now I would only end up doing it all again so a false economy really,you just have to stick with it and try and be patient which I am not lol.

Car looks great.

Yes patience is something I'd like :D. Thankfully I've manged to sell on a few bits and get the rest of the cash together. Car is going in to TDF this coming Saturday for the final engine work:

New engine loom
EC1 engine management
Mapping
Fitment of B14 suspension and full geometry.

Gave it a clean also as it was hanging from just sitting about.

Last edited:
  Evo 5 RS

Thanks Jonny. Really interested to see what numbers it makes this time round with a healthy engine. It'll all be worth it in the end, it's just been too long lol.

53 Clio's & counting

Loved it before, even with the cheese grater spec engine, but I just honestly f**king love it now - makes me want another :)

In fact I feel I must drive it...

Awesome news mate :) Bet you can't wait to get it back complete! I'll hopefully see it in person when I'm next at the workshop

It looks EPIC in the photos :cool:

Rob

ClioSport Moderator

Such a nice looking car when clean, great colour combo for sure.

When it goes as well as it looks you'll be onto a winner ;)

Evo 5 RS

Loved it before, even with the cheese grater spec engine, but I just honestly f**king love it now - makes me want another

In fact I feel I must drive it...
You may! x

That a p4p rear screen? What's it like for getting misted up with not being heated?

Not as bad as you might think, I've not had a problem when I've had to use it in the mornings. Depends how good the rest of your rubbers are though ;)

Awesome news mate Bet you can't wait to get it back complete! I'll hopefully see it in person when I'm next at the workshop

It looks EPIC in the photos
LOL It's a great toy James but it's not half as hardcore as yours! It's not really meant to be though really :)
If you ever fancy a swap though let me know? ;).

Such a nice looking car when clean, great colour combo for sure.

When it goes as well as it looks you'll be onto a winner

IT'S REAAAAADYYYYYY.........

Oh.

lol soon!

Trafic 140dci

Good news, looking at those p4p screens you were telling me about on your car, hard to tell the difference between them and standard :)

LOL It's a great toy James but it's not half as hardcore as yours! It's not really meant to be though really :)
If you ever fancy a swap though let me know? ;).
I'm looking forward to seeing it in person :) Haha anyday mate ;) Wait until you try mine on a road and you'd take that offer back in a blink :p

Evo 5 RS

lol indeed. And cut down and shrink wrapped by the master himself. I've just noticed my vvt solenoid is leaking oil again. Woooo \o/

Evo 5 RS

Well today has been eventful, rear offside shock has completely collapsed (just as well I'm getting the B14s fitted by TDF). But a bit pissed as have to drive 100 miles in it tomorrow to get there lol.

Anyway on the way back to work I'm a bit cheese off...doing the speed limit on an open single carriage way. Mr big shot comes HAIRING up behind me in a B6 S4 and came out to overtake. Now in hindsight I know this was a tad silly, but it's a huge stretch of road. So I just went for it...

Yeah, my car is quick :) LOL

Sorry but if I'm doing the speed limit I don't appreciate people spoiling my scenic view.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator

Well today has been eventful, rear offside shock has completely collapsed (just as well I'm getting the B14s fitted by TDF). But a bit pissed as have to drive 100 miles in it tomorrow to get there

That will be the strangest 100 miles you'll drive with a knackered rear shock!! They handle like a camel in snow shoes when you hit a bump! Lol!

Evo 5 RS

That will be the strangest 100 miles you'll drive with a knackered rear shock!! They handle like a camel in snow shoes when you hit a bump! Lol!

It's been yoyoing for a while I think mate, I know what you mean. Can't believe it's decided to give in a day before it goes in lol!

Qashcow

if you ever come to sell this, i've suddenly just wanted it!

Good luck this weekend, say hello to the Lord for us :)

Trafic 140dci

Well today has been eventful, rear offside shock has completely collapsed (just as well I'm getting the B14s fitted by TDF). But a bit pissed as have to drive 100 miles in it tomorrow to get there lol.

Anyway on the way back to work I'm a bit cheese off...doing the speed limit on an open single carriage way. Mr big shot comes HAIRING up behind me in a B6 S4 and came out to overtake. Now in hindsight I know this was a tad silly, but it's a huge stretch of road. So I just went for it...

Yeah, my car is quick :) LOL

Sorry but if I'm doing the speed limit I don't appreciate people spoiling my scenic view.
Hero. I done this after a Focus ST over took me and got caught by plod just after :/

Wheels nuts look sweet :) I'd love blingy little bits like that, but i'm tight and prefer spending my money on things that make my car go faster, like ITB's as my first mod on my cup! :eek:

Evo 5 RS

if you ever come to sell this, i've suddenly just wanted it!

Good luck this weekend, say hello to the Lord for us :)
Never! Well depends how tomorrow goes ;)

Lol Lewis. Yeh I totally didn't understand why he felt the need. It was clear enough but I wasnt going slow. Down into 3rd and just pulled. I was pretty impressed really. Don't think he was but I just thought "eh no you don't"

Got a nice bloke in an A class on the way home asking what power it was. I said I had no idea LOL. Think it was a diesel, was pretty nip!

Evo 5 RS

Matts at Silverstone today, left it with the lads. It's also his birthday. Just home, almost. Long morning

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member

:( lol.

Need to get myself some of them polarised bolts they look awesome.

LOL did the same thing in mine against an S4 the other week - he was the typical "suit hanging from rear window" type and decided he was going to destroy a little Clio - lmfao yeah ITB'd clio's aren't slow hahaha

Evo 5 RS

I'm not expecting huge figures because of the nature of the build. It was a relatively low mileage ph1 from a breakers. Which appears to be in good health and checked over, but you can never tell. I'd be chuffed to see over 210hp and 165ftlbs +. Considering it hadn't been live mapped it definitely didn't seem to hang about.

Status
Not open for further replies.