ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dan@SJM's 1720v

Status
Not open for further replies.
  Evo 5 RS
Re: My Phase 1 ITB Daily Runner

Right well you guys weren't wrong. Those OMP frames are shite. I felt pissed, taken some frames I had lying around and getting them welded on. Even after raising it 25mil on the left side with some supports it was still pissed...

Was tempted to send it back but will take some pictures later when its in, should be ok now. For an off the shelf solution though they're shite IMO

Evo 5 RS

Just a few pics of a couple of finishing touches. Struts and upper mounting points sprayed satin black.

Cut away the underside plastic and refibre glassed the front end of the bonnet so that it no longer fouls the air filter

Picked this set of 4 up from James Stone last night. Wrapped in Hankook v12s, two of which show blatant signs of being tracked. Which is all gravey as thats what I'll be using them for next month!

They're to be powder coated in brilliant silver and there after used on the road

Last edited:
  Evo 5 RS

Also stripping down the OMP strut brace and painting that the same colour as the car. As I've already got it, it's a shame to let it go to waste (even if they do complete squat)

Also, does anyone know where I can pick up some longer anchor bolts? The OMP ones are now slightly too short on one side due to the plate thats welded to level the seats out.

Could do with being a couple of extra mil. It'll do for now but I wouldn't fancy it in a fiery car crash rolling experience so needs sorting. Might have to get some made up

Last edited:

Right well you guys weren't wrong. Those OMP frames are s**te. I felt pissed, taken some frames I had lying around and getting them welded on. Even after raising it 25mil on the left side with some supports it was still pissed...

Was tempted to send it back but will take some pictures later when its in, should be ok now. For an off the shelf solution though they're s**te IMO

I said they were wonkey, didn't realise they were that bad!

Evo 5 RS
It was totally on the piss mate lol. Might slightly less of a problem on different seats. If its the same for you I'd be concerned for your sanity lol

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator

Also stripping down the OMP strut brace and painting that the same colour as the car. As I've already got it, it's a shame to let it go to waste (even if they do complete squat)

Also, does anyone know where I can pick up some longer anchor bolts? The OMP ones are now slightly too short on one side due to the plate thats welded to level the seats out.

Could do with being a couple of extra mil. It'll do for now but I wouldn't fancy it in a fiery car crash rolling experience so needs sorting. Might have to get some made up

Demon Tweeks sell longer anchor bolts mate. Assuming it's for the harnesses of course?

Evo 5 RS

No matter, picking up a spare off James tomorrow, he hadn't used them so wasn't to know. Was just as they're being powder coated at the moment and they called me up to say one was fooked

Evo 5 RS

strut brace painted in black grey and bolted on

OMP subframe fitted to driver seat, much better driving position now. Leveled out with a welded plate so that it wasn't on the piss anymore.

And then last but not least cleaned polished and waxed.

Evo 5 RS

I'm in Wales next month, so are you lol.

Not a Grass Hopper meat in the mean time? It's almost next door to my work. Also might be at Ace Cafe on the 21st

Last edited:

Looks good mate are you happy with it quality/service/price wise? They are fairly close to me and was thinking about using them.

Evo 5 RS

Looks good mate are you happy with it quality/service/price wise? They are fairly close to me and was thinking about using them.

Yeah looks to be piled on thick, can't complain. If I was to whinge about anything it would be £15 for delivery and took a few days to get here (after completion obviously), but would definitely use them again.

Evo 5 RS
Well as it's such a nice day I went to take the car out of the workshop. Came back from the toilet and saw smoke coming from under the bonnet.

Alternator. Wonderful. Guess that's that till next week then lol

Evo 5 RS

Well just sourced a brand new Lucas alternator, cup/kangoo 75A. I've used Lucas in the past and they've been fine. Been through 2 Valeo ones now so can't be any worse off tbh (touch wood)

Excuse my french but... f**king car is a c*nt

Evo 5 RS

Small update:

Brand new Lucas altenator and belt on

And then gave the engine bay a clean with some degreaser

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member

Looks awesome so tempted by itbs. What sort of budget? 3k all in?

Love this car so much.

Evo 5 RS

Having a ph1 you can get it all done all in for under 2.5k so money to spare :)

That's for the AT-Power DTH ITBS and EC1 ECU/mapping all in however, not the Jenvey kit. Or K-Tecs kit. I much prefer the look of the original jenvey manifold though, I know it's of no difference really but the Jenvey DTH kit looks looks tat IMO. :eek:

The AT kit fits nicely on the Ph1 though as the bonnet slopes down a lot more. I'd definitely speak to TDF if you're really interested

Status
Not open for further replies.