ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dan@SJM's 1720v

Status
Not open for further replies.
  Evo 5 RS
Re: My Phase 1 ITB Daily Runner

Well spoke to Matt today and the car should be pretty much done by tomorrow. I won't be able to pick it up until Wednesday though. Caneet wait

Evo 5 RS

So leaving early morning a few weeks ago, I finally took the car up to Tour De Force to get the loom fitted and everything up to a good standard. There have been a few stumbling blocks unfortunately as is always the way with this car!
A rundown of what has been done whilst it’s been there:
  • Fitted replacement wiring loom ( Neil Ph-reebone’s) + M6 temp sensor
  • New throttle cable
  • R26 Injectors (newer blue ones)
  • ARP rod bolts
  • EC1 ECU + calibration
  • Mocal catch tank
  • B14 Bilstein suspension
  • Geometry and corner weighting
  • Powerflex ARB bushes
  • Powerflex wishbone bushes
  • New track rod ends
  • New ball joints

The radiator fan on the pro alloy rad has also packed up so Matt has ordered one in for tomorrow before any mapping takes place. Also there was a problem with the crank sensor from the old Omex loom which was causing an intermittent misfire at 6,000RPM, so that’s being chopped out for a standard Renault sensor. The car seems to keep coming up with ways to prolong its stay with them, I think it likes it there!!
All in all though I’m glad these things are cropping up now rather than later on. Looking forward to trying out the Bilsteins and fresh suspension.

Evo 5 RS

Nope, I couldn't
;)

And now I have!

Went up on the train this afternoon, got there at just gone 3. The numbers are in. 208BHP 178ftlbs.

And it drives/goes REALLY well :). Will put up some more info later and graph etc when it comes through (Matt's printer packed up).

After having an absolutely flawless drive back, I got back in it to start it up at the warehouse and it won't budge! Matt is sending me a starter solenoid as that's what he's pinning it on. So bit of a s**t ending to the day but overall it's an absolute brute now, really pleased with it

img1561xb.jpg

Last edited:
  Trafic 140dci

Nice one, good numbers, what's the spec of the engine (sorry if i've missed it somewhere :eek: )

Also gutted to hear about the starter motor, that's a b*tch to get too!

53 Clio's & counting

As per my text, what a torque figure! Glad it's all up together dude x

Evo 5 RS

Nice one, good numbers, what's the spec of the engine (sorry if i've missed it somewhere :eek: )

Also gutted to hear about the starter motor, that's a b*tch to get too!

I know, typical! I can't believe it decided to go now.

It's Jenvey 48/90s and 428 cat cams on cup setup :).

Glad you've finally got there

Cheers mate. (well nearly there!).

As per my text, what a torque figure! Glad it's all up together dude x

Woop, me too! Really pleased.

Evo 5 RS

The car was so unbelievably stubborn. Even after all the problems so far what with the crank sensor dying, the CTS...this morning I get a call to say the alternator had dyed on the dyno as well! So Matt kindly took the one off his Cup.

Glad to hear you have got it back mate :) It was looking awesome when I was up at the workshop the other week! Sorry to hear you've had so many bit's breaking :( Great result with the power/ torque!

Trafic 140dci

Great results then, not far off the power mine is putting out with 421's, really isn't much in it :)

Evo 5 RS

So, managed to get the starter motor on that Matt kindly also took off his Cup after mine packed up the moment I got home. Bloke is a total diamond, really went the extra mile to make sure all was spot on.

Took the car out this morning; so nice to drive now. Graph below and torque band will give some indication as to why, such a hoot to drive :)

silentsconept.jpg

TrackCar & F30 330d

I know, typical! I can't believe it decided to go now.

It's Jenvey 48/90s and 428 cat cams on cup setup :).

What!!!! I didn't know you changed your ITB's?

Its a bl00dy great result tho mate. The car has turned into a right peach!

Where did you get your 48's from?

Evo 5 RS

Looking good, and good power. How are you finding the B14's? I have then on mine and love them...

They seem very good so far. It's not actually stopped raining since I've had it back though :(

What!!!! I didn't know you changed your ITB's?

Its a bl00dy great result tho mate. The car has turned into a right peach!

Where did you get your 48's from?

Cheers, I didn't - I quoted the trumpet diametre :eek:, I was assuming the manifold was the same. Wrongly

Very nice looking graph,the 428's do give a very nice torque curve.
They do, it really shows when you drive it as well.

I will be at Combe action day in the car for the first time this weekend, looking forward to it.
Also will be at Llandow on the 5th June for the CS Burpspeed trackday :)

53 Clio's & counting

Just though id add that I have seen this car a few times now, last time was before all the bosywork, on the previous engine and it was nice then, but after seeing it yesterday it is just stunning.

The paint looks fantastic, and the wheels go with it so well, the work TDF/Fred have done is top notch, and looks near OEM.

A stunning car (Even though my head hits the roof :eek:) and first dibs if you ever sell it!

Evo 5 RS

Just though id add that I have seen this car a few times now, last time was before all the bosywork, on the previous engine and it was nice then, but after seeing it yesterday it is just stunning.

The paint looks fantastic, and the wheels go with it so well, the work TDF/Fred have done is top notch, and looks near OEM.

A stunning car (Even though my head hits the roof :eek:) and first dibs if you ever sell it!
Lol <3

I'm fitting some OMP subframes next week as I want the seats lower anyway. The runners on the Sparco subframes aren't ideal tbh. Might get your giant special legs in there next month lol ;)

OMP subframes made me seats wonky, so you might need to put some washers under the subframe above the exhaust tunnel.

I could just have a dodgy set though,

Evo 5 RS

hmm cheers guys. Had heard this but thought it was just a fitting issue. They're the lowest ones I can really use with these seats without going silly low. Might have to get some fabbed this weekend.

Suppose I could use the OMP one for passenger worst case

Last edited:

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member

Did you level yours out? After fitting them i couldn't be bothered and still haven't found motivation too!

Not really fella. I have purchased a thin metal bar that I keep meaning to fit to level them out but haven't got round to it. TBH I don't even notice it.

Evo 5 RS

Well the cars back in the workshop this weekend. Whilst its there, I'm planning on:

• refitting the OMP strut brace which I've since sand blasted and painted graphite grey
  • painting struts / de greasing engine bay
  • removing the sparco sub frames for the lower OMP ones for better driving position
  • removing remainder of fiber glass skinning on the bonnet so that it's not fouling the air filter.
  • Mock up roof lining for alcantara
Then fit new Michelin PE2s to front for llandow track day next month and sort tracking

IMG_3277.jpg

o4l1063.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.