ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dan@SJM's 1720v

Status
Not open for further replies.
  Evo 5 RS
Re: My Phase 1 ITB Daily Runner

That's the same kit but with the Go-Tech ECU which I'd not heard of really until Jam-sport sold it off the shelf so no idea if it's any good or not! Jamsport do some really nice work though :)

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member

Okay bud though so lol bit more than what you said but I got plenty time to shop around lol.

Going in there soon to get some coilovers fitted so will have a word with them while I'm in there. No doubt they will talk me into it even more lol.

Evo 5 RS

No worries. You'd struggle to find someone on here that knows as much about these kind of installs as Matt

Evo 5 RS

Got 3 wheels back now from Wheel Works, one was beyond repair, but Chipmk1 has kindly let me borrow one for next month till I can find one :)

repaired and painted in Porsche GT silver. Believe it or not I didn't choose the GT silver as it was another Porsche colour lol. It's actually as another customer was having the same colour done and it worked out cheaper to get them done the same. Especially as I was already getting trade price :)

Evo 5 RS

Developed a knocking which develops longer the car is driven and play in the wheel. Seems the hub nut is constantly trying to break free. Suspect wheel bearings so will replace both fronts and hopefully it'll go away. Bit annoying as the weathers been awesome this weekend, but the car has been sitting for over a year practically so things like this are bound to crop up all in one go now...

Oh, plus it's french

53 Clio's & counting

There is near enough nothing left to replace mate, shitter to hear about the bearings

Evo 5 RS

Aye well it seems anything that hasn't been changed is now breaking lol. Not going to have time to get it sorted until Thursday now, so hopefully it is just the bearing.

Evo 5 RS

Since last update I've not really driven the car much, had chronic front wheel play which I've since sorted with new front bearings and hub nut. I wasn't able to get the wheel bearings done and car back together in time for the Burpspeed day at llandow, which left me in a s**t mood when I went away this week.

Was greeted to my shock back from Bilstein on my return so managed to get the car back together and all seems well. Fingers crossed thats the end of the problem list for now, Brands on the 31st of July booked for evening session.

Car is now finally my daily driver again till Winter. Have fitted GT silver F1s this afternoon too with the V12s, cheeky iphone pic.

Heres to hopefully some trouble free motoring for awhile now. I pray

Golf GTD Mk7

Have to agree with the majority. The red complemented the grey very nicely. Get them F1's PC'd black as I think that might look better than silver :sleepy:

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep

New wheels, or a respray !? Bring back the red !

What's wrong with the Hankooks ?

From what people have said, the sidewalls are to soft in 15" ... They are fab in the rain though :)

Evo 5 RS

I think it's because my geo is now out a bit in fairness. And yes to the side walls, I thought the Spec 2s were bad for that.

These are another set I've accumulated! I still have the red ones, going to wrap them in some decent rubber when funds allow.

Evo 5 RS

They look a lot better in the flesh, I didn't want to go black again, they're a nightmare...and also mainly for Vauxhalls and foreigners:eek:.

Go well with white though Lewis :rasp:.

iPhone pics are fan-tastic . See, even the 50s pickup in the background has red wheels. So last century.

Last edited:
  Evo 5 RS

Not much else to report with this, car is back with TDF this week with suspension problems. Caused by the AST top mounts...the bearing had seized in one of them. Also the top nuts are absolutely crap, they do not stay torqued up for love nor money. Needlessly complicated lumps of crap!

So I've gone for the puremotorsport kit which is being fitted in replacement. Unfortunately TDF had already modified my B14 dampers to fit the ASTs, so have had to make me up a couple of custom tophats to suit the pure kit.

All in all not the end of the world, the pure kit is fairly cheap.

Few things on the shrinking to do list are, refurb and paint calipers, bleed brakes, fit passenger side subframe, finish custom head lining, fit reflocked dash.

Last edited:

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep

Silver wheels really don't suit that paint job :dapprove:

Red wheels FTW

/jenic.

When do I get to see this beast Mike !?

340i

If you come to CSS I'll make the effort to go? ;)

I really like the silver wheels, but I think I prefer the red... :eek:

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep

Not going CSS. You live 45 mins from my house. CSS is somewhere near Aberdeen ? I've no idea, I don't even know when it's on.

Status
Not open for further replies.