ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Daniel VS Renault

Inferno 182 CUP
On Friday i went to vist my partners grandmother.

Parked on her driveway. Got the dog out of the boot and we all went indoors.

30 Minutes later her cousins turned up and they parked behind me blocking said driveway.

30 Minutes later we all leave - My megane is now implanted into his front bumper and he needs a new one.

HOW THE f**k DID THAT HAPPEN!!!

Handbrake was still on? Why would it slip? Wasnt wet, driveway isnt that steep etc etc

Renault said handbrake obvs wasnt on. If it wasnt on it would of rolled insantly!?

Can somebody advise me please on what to do next ..

Inferno 182 CUP
Took it straight to Renault and they said there is no fault go away basically!

I only bought it and picked it up on Thursday! 24 hours and its had an accident.

clio 182 'full fat'
i always by habit park mine in gear, my lass hates it when ive been in hers. just check the handbrake by applying it as you normally would and try pull away, if it moves freely theres something wrong.

Inferno 182 CUP
Can i not claim against them? Fair enough leave in it gear lesson learnt etc BUT still shouldnt happen really

DB.

BMW 440i
I watched this happen to a car in my Uni halls, just rolled and bumped into another car, luckily no damage.

Handbrake was still up when it bumped

Park up with hot rear brakes, apply handbrake, brakes cool and shrink, handbrake isn't as tight and bang the car rolls.

It's possible, there was a thread on here where it happened to a 200, guy opened his front door to find himself blocked in by the car LOL

04 clio sport 213bhp
my car did this, when you put the handbrake on when its warm, sometimes as it cools down it loses its grip, mine went rolling down the hill into next door but 1's car and i had to pay for a new back bumper, lesson learnt, always leave it in gear

clio 182 'full fat'
Park up with hot rear brakes, apply handbrake, brakes cool and shrink, handbrake isn't as tight and bang the car rolls.

It's possible, there was a thread on here where it happened to a 200, guy opened his front door to find himself blocked in by the car LOL
+1 to this theory- you should have really checked this before you moved it after the accident. future pull it on that little bit harder and put in gear

Arctic Blue 182ff
Harsh lesson to learn :( I never used to leave in gear but started doing it a few years back and now never leave it out of gear, even on flat I just do it naturally.

You cannot claim off Renault for what is essentially (in their eyes) your incompetence, sadly :(