ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Daniels Blue 182.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
PM me a price mate, mine are in nice nick but need new rubber.

I'm planning on doing the next two track days on them too in a few weeks time so no doubt the rubber will be shot :(

are you running these new seats with normal belts or using the harness' all the time? Need to work out if i need to drill a hole in the sidemount to put the seatbelt pre tenioner into

I'll be going full #racekorrrrrrrrrrr and having them all the time mate. Just about to order some spreader plates for the side harnesses. I'm totally new to this so not really sure what i'm doing.

Random car park pic!

19553643732_0d86b6533d_b.jpg
IMAG0485 by dann2707, on Flickr

Clio 182
Full racecar is what mine will be when my insruance is up in a few months. Cage, seats, 2118s all coming just waiting for my insruance company to stopping mugging me for all my mods! thieving w*****s @dann2707

Clio 182
Who are you with? Why not switch to greenlight. Unlimited mods cover and if you add more they dont charge admin charges.

Very competitive prices and very helpful guys that are into cars themselves.

@Danmarcwalker
Oh dont worry im heading there after mines up, few months, no point leaving now!!

Hastings direct, useless people! I changed from another car to the 182 halfway through it (earlier this year) and have been stung on it ever since- cant wait to leave

Im always keeping an eye on this thread but since getting an AB i have been reading every single update. Have to admit the v6 rep spoiler is a love hate relationship for me, sometimes i think it looks awesome and sometimes i think they dont suit. However the car does look amazing, and the buckets are the same buckets i want for mine so am imtersted in seeing what they look like :grin:

Clio 182
I got them from here mate. Ordered them here as they promised to get here sooner but for more money but they didn't haha. Not long now though!!

Im accumulating parts for when they do arrive though

IMAG0499_zpsbmi7jyrg.jpg

Just seen my feet, looks like i'm dying for a wee on that pic

Also that thing on the top right is a portable battery charger for CSS, if anyone needs an emergency charge give me a shout it can charge a smartphone 6 times over with one original charge apparently!

They are 4" mate, sorry for the delay.

Got my clubsports coming end of next week too @dann2707! what Bolts have you got there? assuming they're all for harnesses and bolting seats down, you've also got a set of the VBD seat mounts haven't you? I'll be checking here when you fit to see what you've done! :p

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Im always keeping an eye on this thread but since getting an AB i have been reading every single update. Have to admit the v6 rep spoiler is a love hate relationship for me, sometimes i think it looks awesome and sometimes i think they dont suit. However the car does look amazing, and the buckets are the same buckets i want for mine so am imtersted in seeing what they look like :grin:
I know exactly what you mean Luke and tbh i'm in two minds with it myself but I really don't want to revert back to a cup spoiler as everyone has one.

Cheers for the comment man :)
As long as you don't look at Dan's really close :wink:

Haha don't tell everyone or they'll all want some 3d paint in their life ;)

BUBBLING FTW

Got my clubsports coming end of next week too @dann2707! what Bolts have you got there? assuming they're all for harnesses and bolting seats down, you've also got a set of the VBD seat mounts haven't you? I'll be checking here when you fit to see what you've done! :tongueout:

They are these mate, m8 bolts

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/371153044...49&var=640307066078&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Hope that link works, if it doesn't let me know i'll sort it out for you. Massive thanks to @bashracing for sorting me out with those links as I was pestering him a lot for what I need haha but I want to be all sorted for when they arrive :D knowing my luck they won't leave them and i'll have to collect them from a sorting office or some b****cks. I sure do yeah! Can't wait to get them all fitted.

Small updates on the tyres - they grip! Well! However i'm just not a fan of the amount the car rolls on them, it's not like i'm experiencing understeer anymore it's just when pressing on you can tell them they're in a different league to PS3's. I'd say they're okay for a mid-range hoon but not a full on hoon 😂😂 You do get a bit of lift off oversteer with them too compared to the PS3's which i'm finding quite fun as it makes the car really playful but not AS confidence inspiring. I'd be pissed off if I paid full price for them but at £32 a corner it's nothing really i'm happy to live with them until they die.

Tonight I changed my top mount bearings to pre-loaded ones. @incy-spider how are you finding these compared to standard? haven't been for a drive yet.

19577891262_070c32abbc_b.jpg
IMAG0510 by dann2707, on Flickr

19589094961_eaba49ebd6_b.jpg
IMAG0509 by dann2707, on Flickr

They're looking a little worse for wear

19589065821_7230809acd_b.jpg
IMAG0511 by dann2707, on Flickr

I used my wheel spacer to press the old bearing out (as I didn't have any spare bearing outer races) making damn sure it didn't warp, it didn't and the bearing came out really easily

19396813250_d737ea389e_b.jpg
IMAG0512 by dann2707, on Flickr

Also a massive thank you to @N4TH4N for sending me these washers, I really appreciate it mate :)

19558540176_95853f7c42_b.jpg
IMAG0514 by dann2707, on Flickr

They helped with this bit

19398109689_414d26b692_b.jpg
IMAG0515 by dann2707, on Flickr

Cheers guys :)

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
They haven't worn out yet mate, much more durable!! Spray the underside of the mounts with s**t loads of spray grease too!! Good to see you are still horsing the mods, pretty sure I have landed a set of brand new Clio 197 red brembos to play with [emoji3][emoji3][emoji3][emoji3]

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
They haven't worn out yet mate, much more durable!! Spray the underside of the mounts with s**t loads of spray grease too!! Good to see you are still horsing the mods, pretty sure I have landed a set of brand new Clio 197 red brembos to play with [emoji3][emoji3][emoji3][emoji3]

What sort of grease do I need? :p

oooooh awesome pics required ;) Where have you been all my life? haven't seen you post for a while!

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
What sort of grease do I need? :p

oooooh awesome pics required ;) Where have you been all my life? haven't seen you post for a while!

Been modifying everyone else's cars!!!

Anything will do mate, think I sprayed mine with graphite grease, just helps against corrosion!

Yeah I'll get some up, ordered them for my mate who was going to try and get them in his Integra but think he is waving toward a specific kit now so I'll have them I expect... Will be nice to have on there for ring next year!

You have anymore track days planned?

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Been modifying everyone else's cars!!!

Anything will do mate, think I sprayed mine with graphite grease, just helps against corrosion!

Yeah I'll get some up, ordered them for my mate who was going to try and get them in his Integra but think he is waving toward a specific kit now so I'll have them I expect... Will be nice to have on there for ring next year!

You have anymore track days planned?
I shall get on that s**t asap! Cheers for the heads up.

I really want to do the ring sometime, can I come with? haha

Yeah i've got the cliosport saturday morning session booked then the following weekend got Curburough sprint course again with the trials biking lads. Can't wait :D Are you coming to cliosport saturday?

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
I shall get on that s**t asap! Cheers for the heads up.

I really want to do the ring sometime, can I come with? haha

Yeah i've got the cliosport saturday morning session booked then the following weekend got Curburough sprint course again with the trials biking lads. Can't wait :D Are you coming to cliosport saturday?

Yeah!!! I'm going to go for my stag do in 2016, really missed it this year literally get emotional when I see pics of the place![emoji24][emoji31][emoji24][emoji24][emoji31][emoji31][emoji31][emoji31][emoji31]

Funnily enough I have never done a UK track day in my car, it seems to be all my mates get there cars ready for the ring then take them apart for the rest of the year or sell them... Poor old Clio is just sat around track ready!!!

Didn't know about CS saturday, when is it? [emoji15]

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah!!! I'm going to go for my stag do in 2016, really missed it this year literally get emotional when I see pics of the place![emoji24][emoji31][emoji24][emoji24][emoji31][emoji31][emoji31][emoji31][emoji31]

Funnily enough I have never done a UK track day in my car, it seems to be all my mates get there cars ready for the ring then take them apart for the rest of the year or sell them... Poor old Clio is just sat around track ready!!!

Didn't know about CS saturday, when is it? [emoji15]

Are you not scared incase you come off and smash into a barrier? That's my only gripe otherwise i'd be doing it this year!

It's the 1st august mate, pink CSS button at the top of this page, please come :) track day, piss up, camping :D

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Also we have two spots available for curborough on the 7th of August if anyone would be game, if we get two more people it's just £45 for the full day :smile:

@LeeRS you said you'd be up for coming down one time? Fancy it?

@Cub. ?

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
I'm on tappytalk!! I'll look into it!

Na mate, you soon learn mega respect for the place and it sort of helps that you drive all the way there and know you need to drive back, don't get me wrong s**t can happen but as long as you aren't a complete tit you'll be fine!!

Once you go you'll be addicted, it's very bad for your wallet!!

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
I need to see what these roll correction hubs are like. I wonder what our times will be now after our mods

I'm planning on chilling out this time and actually doing some stopwatching for other people... 😅😅

Yeah man, you're welcome to have a drive. Now they aren't group buy only, I think you'll have a set on order pretty quickly...

New sexy rubber will hopefully make an appearance, will be painting wheels and cage this weekend, then hopefully fitting it next.

I know exactly what you mean Luke and tbh i'm in two minds with it myself but I really don't want to revert back to a cup spoiler as everyone has one.

Cheers for the comment man :smile:

Haha don't tell everyone or they'll all want some 3d paint in their life :wink:

BUBBLING FTW

They are these mate, m8 bolts

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/371153044064?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&var=640307066078&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Hope that link works, if it doesn't let me know i'll sort it out for you. Massive thanks to @bashracing for sorting me out with those links as I was pestering him a lot for what I need haha but I want to be all sorted for when they arrive :smiley: knowing my luck they won't leave them and i'll have to collect them from a sorting office or some b****cks. I sure do yeah! Can't wait to get them all fitted.

Small updates on the tyres - they grip! Well! However i'm just not a fan of the amount the car rolls on them, it's not like i'm experiencing understeer anymore it's just when pressing on you can tell them they're in a different league to PS3's. I'd say they're okay for a mid-range hoon but not a full on hoon 😂😂 You do get a bit of lift off oversteer with them too compared to the PS3's which i'm finding quite fun as it makes the car really playful but not AS confidence inspiring. I'd be pissed off if I paid full price for them but at £32 a corner it's nothing really i'm happy to live with them until they die.

Tonight I changed my top mount bearings to pre-loaded ones. @incy-spider how are you finding these compared to standard? haven't been for a drive yet.

19577891262_070c32abbc_b.jpg
IMAG0510 by dann2707, on Flickr

19589094961_eaba49ebd6_b.jpg
IMAG0509 by dann2707, on Flickr

They're looking a little worse for wear

19589065821_7230809acd_b.jpg
IMAG0511 by dann2707, on Flickr

I used my wheel spacer to press the old bearing out (as I didn't have any spare bearing outer races) making damn sure it didn't warp, it didn't and the bearing came out really easily

19396813250_d737ea389e_b.jpg
IMAG0512 by dann2707, on Flickr

Also a massive thank you to @N4TH4N for sending me these washers, I really appreciate it mate :smile:

19558540176_95853f7c42_b.jpg
IMAG0514 by dann2707, on Flickr

They helped with this bit

19398109689_414d26b692_b.jpg
IMAG0515 by dann2707, on Flickr

Cheers guys :smile:
They were the correct size then mate?

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
@dann2707 have you got the track booked for yourselves?
I might be up for this. Car is playing up a bit atm though and MOT time at the end of the month.
I doubt work will let me have a Friday off though :(

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
I took a photo

IMAG0527_zpsti1vcjbv.jpg

I then went to visit @AdamR over at his warehouse after work last night to do some injector cleaning for his MX5 and geo setup/ tracking / general hooning

IMAG0531_zpsizpajwek.jpg

IMAG0532_zpslbtevq6m.jpg

IMAG0533_zpsmyk2duqx.jpg

This was before

IMAG0534_zpscmwobm4o.jpg

And after

IMAG0535_zpszssdcyhw.jpg

The guy's an absolute hero, cheers again man :)

Clio Sport 182
Well just read you build start to finish, needless to say I need to pull my finger out with mine, nice car!!!

And hi @AdamR its Tom with the Black MX5 MK3 race car! Didn't know you had a Clio?

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Pics of mum?

Edit.. Dont bother if she looks looks you mate.

Hahahaha that made me laugh. Looking forward to seeing you Sunday mate! :) can you take my mate for a spin in the turbo? He'll be coming along with me you seeeeee

Well just read you build start to finish, needless to say I need to pull my finger out with mine, nice car!!!

And hi @AdamR its Tom with the Black MX5 MK3 race car! Didn't know you had a Clio?

Haha thanks a lot mate! How long did it take to read through??

I got an email today saying this... I was absolutely fuming at work. Everyone was asking me what was up like a family member was ill or something.. Nope just car part related sadness

Screenshot_2015-07-14-16-27-59_zpsrpjd6odz.png

I ordered them on guess what date?

The 1st of June... Hahaha the guy emailed me saying I was 2 orders off receiving mine this month which didn't help my sadness at all. So I tried eBay helplessly and found some in stock elsewhere after ringing some girl up! I couldn't believe my luck she was like yup in stock right here they'll be out tomorrow for delivery Thursday.

However they're the xl version but after jumping in @bashracing last week I think I preferred it! I'm just glad they're actually on their way after being messed around so many times before.