ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Daniels Blue 182.

clio182, defender
Just been through all the pages and what a transformation. Well done looks amazing. What exhaust are they tho. Cheers

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Just been through all the pages and what a transformation. Well done looks amazing. What exhaust are they tho. Cheers

Thank you so much Jezza

! They are powerflow exhausts

Today I was at my local garage epoxy welding my hair line crack on my gearbox housing so took a few pics

IMAG0469_zpsteke1vuf.jpg

The new wheels definitely give it a bit more stance i think

IMAG0470_zpsy6k9eut8.jpg

You can see the cracks at the top. Small one and a big one.

IMAG0468_zps4xdil2le.jpg

Not sure how long it will last. Google reviews came back positive though

IMAG0471_zpshjlz7fx2.jpg

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
That's not good. They look amazing. Do you know the best place to get one from and what bore the exits are? Cheers

I'll go measure them for you now mate. I want to say 3" as it's a number i'm all too familiar with.

GOOD NEWS, it isn't leaking at all I put some oil in there this morning and not a single drop came out of where it was before. I'm not saying it's a permanent fix but for now i'm happy.

About to go for a spanking in this gorgeous weather.

Fiesta ST
Is it easier to get the gearbox fixed/repaired/refurbished? Or just get a second hand box put in? Sometimes mine crunches when giving it a little bit of beans in 3rd and 4th, and lately I've noticed it won't let me in 5th until I drop it into neutral and try again :(

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Is it easier to get the gearbox fixed/repaired/refurbished? Or just get a second hand box put in? Sometimes mine crunches when giving it a little bit of beans in 3rd and 4th, and lately I've noticed it won't let me in 5th until I drop it into neutral and try again 😧

The problem with that is that you don't know what you're getting with the second hand gearbox :( the seller may say it's perfect just to sell it.

Went out for a drive as above. My verdict on the tyres are = not impressed at all tbh however i've heard loads of people say you have to wait for them to get a bit worn as the tread is too tall from newish. I've only done 250 ish miles on them so far though. The car feels light and airy? It turns much faster than the 16s but I can't feel it through the steering wheel like I could with the PS3's, there's hardly any feedback and when pressing on and going around a corner it feels like the car is about to roll over. Also experienced a tiny bit of understeer also argghhhhh hope they improve! @bashracing

Maybe it's not helping that my camber is all over the place (removed suspension legs fairly recently and apparently tippex isn't adequate to note where the camber was before!) as in my corner weighing which is being sorted soon many thanks @AdamR

I've gone back to standard hub bolts for now until it's sorted as it's really all over the place and quite dangerous.

Took a pic on my drive earlier

19439790555_0dab488512_b.jpg
IMAG0475 by dann2707, on Flickr

This was a year ago:

14321513427_deed98af0e_b.jpg

I wish I had more from the same angle as today

18820519093_2a23695299_b.jpg
DSCN2108 by dann2707, on Flickr

19445355551_03e22affd5_b.jpg
IMAG0477 by dann2707, on Flickr

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Front right was down by a few psi.

Box is still leaking. Really lost all patience now :( Actually really f**king annoyed right now.

Box out AGAIN so that'll be another £150 then getting it repaired.

RB Clio 182
Front right was down by a few psi.

Box is still leaking. Really lost all patience now :( Actually really f**king annoyed right now.

Box out AGAIN so that'll be another £150 then getting it repaired.

I know the feeling mate, I'm going to get mine repaired this time though as like you say you never know what you are getting.

Mine was supposedly a good box but crunches into 3rd :(

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Haha it's all about the angles making it look bigger then slowly accepting harsh reality when seen in real life.

Tomorrow is MOT day at 8:15am, sorta scared I feel like i'm getting my Uni results again.

I feel like he's going to pull me on the noise. I really f**king hope not.

Love seeing the differences you have made in the year. Looks so much better. The arch gap was crazy when you first got it.
Once all the gearbox problems are over and the MOT is passed a nice set of seats would finish it off. I love it.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers guys :) appreciate the comments as always.

11 days until the seats arrive! I'll be fitting them on the Saturday then going on the Yorkshire drive to Whitby meet the following day so that should be ace to test them out.

Looking forward to css too, to meet you sexy people. Got a portable phone charger that can charge a smartphone for 7 times on one original charge so I can take loads of videos and pictures. Cannot wait :D

@MrTom how's the holiday dude?

RB Clio 182
@MrTom how's the holiday dude?

The holiday was awesome mate, we fly back tonight at 8:50pm your time, 9:50 Egyptian time.

I'm looking forward to home now tho, I hate packing and s**t, should be at home bout 5am :) might take the car for an early blast lol.

Did the garage sort your crunching out that your gbox had?

I'm wanting my 3rd gear sorting, I'm going to adjust the linkage 1st tho and get the solid engine/gbox mounts as that should help as theres loads of play in my mounts.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Yes it did Tom, no crunching now :) really happy with it

Dan I've gone for the corbea club sports I got an email today saying they're sending them on the 14th now :)

Car got no advisories on the mot :D but it did have a headlight that needs to be adjusted so that's fantastic news.

Time to celebrate with some ribs and potato skins

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
The seats look spot on! What site did you get them on?

I got them from here mate. Ordered them here as they promised to get here sooner but for more money but they didn't haha. Not long now though!!

Im accumulating parts for when they do arrive though

IMAG0499_zpsbmi7jyrg.jpg

Just seen my feet, looks like i'm dying for a wee on that pic

Also that thing on the top right is a portable battery charger for CSS, if anyone needs an emergency charge give me a shout it can charge a smartphone 6 times over with one original charge apparently!

Did you manage to measure the exhaust?

They are 4" mate, sorry for the delay.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Certainly came a long way since you got it! Definitely worth all the time and effort you've put into it, looks great!

Thanks Ash :kissingheart:

Interested in selling them if they have decent rubber on?I'm in Leeds regularly.

They have michelin pilot sport 3's on at the moment, two are nearly dead and two have decent life left, maybe 5/6mm left? However, one alloy is kerbed a bit and the paint is flaking on a few alloys so they'd deffo need refurbing imo. Just want to be honest :)

Cheers

Clio 182
are you running these new seats with normal belts or using the harness' all the time? Need to work out if i need to drill a hole in the sidemount to put the seatbelt pre tenioner into