ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

DannyR's 3rd Supercharged Clio trying to be Epic Build Thread

SQ5
I haven't changed any wiring as I'm not using one with the recirc button.

It's from a cup so the direction dial just has a separate section to block incoming vents.

I think I need to look at your diagram and the. Work out where I can put the live for the lights.

SQ5
Thought I'd better finish this properly :(

So the car started breathing oil after fitting the 10PSI restrictor, it was pushing too much air past the pistons.

So before it finally gave way we held a RR day. Considering it was breathing oil I was skeptical about performance. The 5PSI restrictor was back in and it made a healthyish 231bhp and 209 lbft.

suze4e3e.jpg

Considering it was never mapped for my engine I was happy with the results.
I would say it was easily at 250+ before the oil problems started.

So after this unfortunately it was time to get rid and save for a house.

y2yhurad.jpg

mu5uhuzu.jpg

u5a2u5et.jpg

So it was great while it lasted and I would do it again and again (this was the third!) but it was such a brilliant car.

So I ended up sharing my girlfriends Corsa VXR but I just couldn't get on with it. So I have just bought my first personal Ph2! Watch this space.....

SQ5
Ph2 Monaco Blue 172.

This won't be broken for parts. FSH with 49k every MOT, Receipt and tax disc. It's fairly I mint for a ten year old car.

Couple bits needed doing including tyres and rear shocks but luckily I had some Coilovers spare. It's sitting lovely now.

OEM+ I believe is the correct term that the car will be going.

SQ5
I keeping the standard chunky 5 spokes as I'm a bit of a lover of them.

They will be refurbed soon in silver as its the only colour that looks good on those wheels. Anthracite and black looks a bit try hard and McDonald's car park.

I'll start a project thread soon as I've done a few small bits too it already. After 5 years of having, selling and breaking Clios I've got plenty of small parts that aren't worth anything second hand that I've used. Mainly silver bulbs, iPod connector etc... Just small bits.

SQ5
I think that's everyone Joe. You can't beat them. Cheap running costs, very good MPG normal driving even on track they'll see 16MPG, one of the best handling cars and a cheap price in the first place. Even insurance is dropping in them now!

SQ5
They are a bit marmite aren't they.

Well we're paying £58 for a month which is cheaper than last time last year. But the amount of younger drivers they must be, the amount of threads lately on here of younger drivers getting cheap quotes. Mine will be going up more than likely though :(

Only one month left to find out now :(

Polo gti
Got a friend to take my car for a quick run tonight so I could hear it. Not heard it supercharged yet and also with new silencer.

I love the intake noise from the supercharger :)

[video=youtube_share;BTNo2u1btOY]http://youtu.be/BTNo2u1btOY[/video]

Hey DannyR just thought id bring this back too your attention ;)

SQ5
You back again for boost? Have to up your game a bit now lol

Not yet, once we've got house sorted, married and paid people back I will be.

I have some plans, but how close I'll get is another story! I have a build I want to do, which shouldn't be too expensive. Would be aiming for 300 this time, but in a stock, mint looking ph1.

SQ5
Plan's sound good. :cool:

That sounds like fun.

Sounds great :)

They all come back in the end, although you have an acute form of 'boost-itus'....

One thing to sound a good idea, another thing to action them. I'm fairly set though as in always coming back.

Missus did nearly agree to swap our scirocco for a Ph1 and 182, she prefers a bigger car though :(

lol, you'll be 40 by the time you have another clio ;)

we we should make mine into a pikey boost machine tbh, it's already rough enough to be cool lol

Do it, grab a turbo though ;)

Do you buy a kit for this Danny or just source it all individually?

I bought it in a roundabout way from bomber who put most of it together.