ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

DannyR's 3rd Supercharged Clio trying to be Epic Build Thread

SQ5
It's an OMP one but the new one with the big cross in the main hoop, which hurts when you head butt it :(

I'm looking at changing to an old style OMP one if I can find one that mounts to the rear arches rather than the floor.

SQ5
Been off and on slow progress today but most of the big parts are all in. Regretting not getting the foam under the carpet now as it looks like the dash all sits a little high! One door card on, unsure how rears normally fix but can't see anyway of fixing them!

568566ba-61be-c222.jpg

Trafic 140dci
Looking much better mate.

Also could you PM/text me how much you'd want for one of them battery box's you have that your dad can make :)

SQ5
He said £50 mate, that'll cover materials and labour making it. Just need exact dimensions of your battery :)

It is nice looking tidy inside and also nice to hear the door s**t rather than rattle shut!

SQ5
How did you do all the central locking bits and other bits with different plugs?

I thought they were the same just wired differently, turns out completely different lol!

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
Ph2 dash in a ph1 = awesome, Pain mind you! Have you made up the hazard panel yet? Or have you sussed a way to wire the ph1 button into a ph2?

SQ5
I'm going to plastic weld it and use the ph2 button on the ph1 part.

Just central locking and heaters to contend with now!

SQ5
Should of just got a 12v socket like I had as you can just tuck it away.

I'm having two 12v sockets, one for my camera to plug in whenever I need to and a permanent iPod or iPhone charging lead :)

Is it possible to wire two of the same wires leading into the 12v plug? If that makes any sense.

If so i could have one each side of the hazard switch for symmetricalness!

Just noticed the carpet also, must feel luxurious in there now :p

SQ5
Very productive night tonight!

So I need my cage back in before I can fit the seats. Also fitting a false floor so needed harnesses mounted on a bar.

So we got a removable harness bar fitted and welded to the cage and tidied the cage up a bit in places. Used one of the door bars to make this.

568566ba-d895-5064.jpg

568566ba-d962-e20d.jpg

Then got it home rubbed down and primered it and it went of very quickly so got a decent coat of paint on it too.

568566ba-d8ee-7c4f.jpg

Will need another coat tomorrow and some lacquer hopefully ready to fit Wednesday!

Also got other door card on and locking buttons working, fucked up the hazard switch and got super glue all over my hand, burnt a lot!

My hazard button is taped in, First attempt we plastic welded the button together, second attempt I used no more nails and stuck it together again :( it doesn't help im so inpatient.

SQ5
I'm going to get some bits and ask Rob nicely to do them for me :p Just leaving the hazard button tucked away for now.

Cheers Scutch, I feel happy I can take all the credit for this one as everything has been done by me, bar the cambelt. Actually a nice feeling knowing it made it to the Nurburgring and back, aswell as weekly abuse!

Got some more paint today so can't wait to get home as sun is out and will dry quickly meaning can probably get some lacquer on too tonight and fit tomorrow!

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
TAPED IN HAZARDS?

C'mon lads, I spent a lot of time and effort on that guide, you could at least follow it ;)

The B&Q plastic pipe weld held for 9 months I believe before failing when pushed over enthusiastically, remove it and re-do and it'd b'reet.

Oh and FYI to you both, it's PH2 pov spec controls you need, so one without climate. Analogue. Cliospares sent me mine.

Oh and one more thing, if you had any questions, why not PM me? Tsk. I'd be more than willing to help.

TAPED IN HAZARDS?

C'mon lads, I spent a lot of time and effort on that guide, you could at least follow it ;)

The B&Q plastic pipe weld held for 9 months I believe before failing when pushed over enthusiastically, remove it and re-do and it'd b'reet.

Oh and FYI to you both, it's PH2 pov spec controls you need, so one without climate. Analogue. Cliospares sent me mine.

Oh and one more thing, if you had any questions, why not PM me? Tsk. I'd be more than willing to help.

It was dark and i was fed up. I will rectify the tape as soon as i can be bothered :)
So cup heater controls are ok? As Mine seems to work ok now after i connected the heater tubes up properly lol.

Thankyou for the guide also, the pictures wouldnt work on my phone so i went into a bit blind. It was actually pretty easy :)

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
No pictures? LOL! They were the best bit :eek:

No problems though, it's always nice to help.

Cup controls should be fine, did you get everything clipped into place behind there?

At first I had the cables loose and not in the clips so they really didn't work well. As soon as everything was done properly it was perfect and totally OEM. I also managed to get my AC wired in (but I think I did the wrong wire for the heated rear window)

Lock buttons working?

Yerr i was gutted. The guide made a lot of sense reading it after doing it :p

Ive done mine pikey style, i dont like the door locking automatically so i always have it turned off so didnt bother and put the 12v where one of the buttons was :)
I dont have aircon and pretty sure my rear heated screen doesnt work.

Wow my car sounds s**t!

I will check the heater controls at some point.

SQ5
Hai Rob!

I fucked both hazard switches so need new ones and still need to get some heater controls. Locking system all working fine, can't work out how to secure the steering wheel cowling, I'm also going to notch it so my radio controls can fit nicely too.

Got the cage in tonight and started putting plastics in, only to find a few missing so should be with the lad I bought them off of just needed to complete the rear. Also need to spray strut brace.

Having an absolute nightmare at the moment trying to get my breaker bar out of my passenger side sill. It's been in there ages after I stored it in the rear wing and it slipped through :( cannot get anything on it at all, any ideas?

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Have you not read the guide danny? Steering cowel securing is covered in the guide.

If you want to send me a little bit of trim, a ph1 hazard button and a ph2 hazard button, I'd be willing to do it for you.

SQ5
I have yes but I can't quite work out how to do it, I was reading on my iPhone from the reading list and photos hadn't opened, I'll have another look now!

If I could send you the bits that would be great :) I'll sort you out a box of beers ;)

SQ5
Yea the hazard switch I had pictures but they weren't clear of where actually needed cutting, and with that I couldn't see how the hazard button glued to the switch very well.

Is there no way of splicing the pins as you did with the locks?

SQ5
I love these long dry nights :)

Rob, could easily see how to fix the steering cowling do that's all done! Just the hazard to do now, I'll PM you when I've got the bits.

So with the cage in I started getting in everything else, actually starting to look awesome!

Dash back together without wheel and heaters

568566ba-6b67-e9ae.jpg

Door cards complete

568566ba-6b8c-5481.jpg

568566ba-6b9a-60d4.jpg

Seat Subframes in, except middle bolts as need to raise car. Must remember!

568566ba-6bd0-c2eb.jpg

Also picked up new alternator today. Exchange basis and cost £109 which is brilliant price for a genuine Renault item from Renault.

568566ba-6c10-268d.jpg

Will pick up my other plastics Friday as missing a couple of bits.

Also a previous owner had removed the rear speaker wires? Was no trace whatsoever so unsure how he did that! So I wired in the rear speakers on some decent speaker cable. I was surprised that the standard ph2 rears are two way speakers too!

SQ5
Finally got seat and steering wheel back in today and found a bit of trim so all plastic trim is in except the 4 bits I'm picking up tomorrow afternoon.

d92a3b70-bd70-e8ed.jpg

d92a3b70-bd8e-9b60.jpg

d92a3b70-bd9d-0c14.jpg

Wired up final speaker and put in a line level converter incase I have a small sub.

Then started looking at making my false floor which because of the cage will have to be in four bits, possibly 3!

SQ5
Azza - engine is completely standard. If you can pick up a second had supercharger kit for a clio you could pay£1800-2500. To do all brand new it would cost around £3000-4000.

Stava - in popping up on and off with track evenings, I'll let you know next time I go up. Probably won't be on track just being nosey!

Lewis - it'll stay half cage for a bit until I can work out how to dodge the dash then it'll go back in.