ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

DannyR's 3rd Supercharged Clio trying to be Epic Build Thread

SQ5
So interior all in and done, bar the heater controls which I need to get!

d92a3b70-3608-3f6c.jpg

d92a3b70-35f6-f349.jpg

d92a3b70-3618-d647.jpg

Also when getting strut brace off I some how knackered the rear shock so it no longer holds in but can't drop out if that makes sense?

So I need a new koni shock and all the rear top mounts etc.... :(

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341076930.499809.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341076930.499809.jpg
    175.4 KB · Views: 73
  SQ5
Yea the carpet was in to keep sound down before and now just laying in.

I've got a load of thin MDF ready to make a complete false floor. It's gone very much away from being a track car to a comfy fast road car.

We've kind of bodged the rear shock but it hasn't really worked! Should be able to get one during the week, I've got no money so Gem's buying me one :) just got to angle grind this one off!

Angle grinder is the best way to Remove a shock :)

Looks good mate, is this a sign your getting old?

Also if you want to sell your cage to get a full dash dodger I'd buy that one, perfect for what im looking at. Just a thought :)

SQ5
If you buy the dash dodger we can swap the front sections?

As long as you got the OMP one should be fine!

Clio 172
Looks good Danny, False floor sounds like a plan but have you not thought about getting a sheet of Carbon and doing it that way rather than MDF?

SQ5
Sheet of carbon fibre would cost far too much, the MDF is free!

If i got a piece of carbon fibre that big it would be panelling under the car!

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
Did you get my PM regarding they controls? Or they of no use?

SQ5
Stu, I'm waiting until closer to end of month as I've spent a lot this month :eek:

Sam, it will eventually go a shade of Red :)

Neil, I don't, no! PM dmallett I know he's looking for a cage! :)

SQ5
Also now going to sort rear shocks, I've got a new pair ;) ;) so should have one done in 15 mins and then to find a grinder! :eek:

SQ5
Just a few pictures as was on iPad last night not phone.

d92a3b70-0e42-6280.jpg

So much tidier without strut brace, just got to find somewhere to route the power cable now!

d92a3b70-0e69-d6c2.jpg

Found a better place for the extinguisher!

d92a3b70-0e84-23e8.jpg

And got my heaters working until I can afford proper controls!

SQ5
So done a little bit today.

Tried sorting exhaust alignment and it a little better.

I then went to move my oil cooler and tidy the front up so the oil cooler now sits perfectly in my for flight hole.

568ddb6a-583e-c429.jpg

568ddb6a-584c-80d4.jpg

The intercooler now also has 3 bolts holding it on.

Did have a little leak too of supercharger oil clearly because I didnt put hous ll

SQ5
Looks like I fell asleep writing that last night!

The return hose for the supercharger wasn't on properly and blew traction fluid everywhere, luckily I had enough to top myself up to above minimum!

Qashcow
Fpmsl I reading that then thinking where the hell did the end go? Lol

Time I get some new fluid, I THINK Matt can get you some but you've probably had to buy it previously and know where to :)

SQ5
Lol I thought that when I woke up, what the f**k was I trying to say!

I'll speak to Matt, last time imp went to TTS I think and it was £100+ only need about 200ml lol!

Jap Shed
Lovely car!Bit confused as to why its only putting out 230hp though, my ek9 is n/a 1933cc with forged pistons ect and that puts out 234. Thought you would be looking at 260+?Lee

SQ5
Thank you :) I've never said what power it puts out as I don't know :p

My old one was 237 this one is in the 250-260 I would guess.

SQ5
Well it's been slow progress recently due to not knowing what I'm going to have to do with the car.

Anyway, I got a solid top engine mount to try and cure my jerkiness issues but we couldn't get engine crane today!

I've got a cheap eBay oil catch tank fitted but I have no pictures.

I also got around to getting my false floor in. It's half in and got a bit of black carpet to make it pretty. I also added a small sub as I'm a massive audiophile, I hate s**t quality music :(

5681a779-54ff-b3c9.jpg

I also finally sprayed the gash silver and green alloys black and did my calipers at the same time. I'll grab some photos tomorrow.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
If I'm near you this week collecting cars, can I come round and hoover it? Its fcuking minging.

SQ5
The footwells are now all clean, boot floor isn't as I haven't glued it down yet and it was on the drive upside down when cutting!

But you can come Hoover it :)

i may be wrong so dont quote me, but mine are solid plastic and paint, there not even clear for lights to shine through. however my car is one of the low spec out the factory, but i cant see them making eater lights an optional extra? :L let me know though! im interested to know now!!

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Gimmie 5 on illumination. just eating a mcmuffin.

Right, they do illuminate, have you changed the wiring as per my diagram in my guide????

When I got my controls, there's two bulbs behind the plastic, somehow they had actually blown. New bulbs from a factors/whatever and I was away.

Also, a long time ago, someone PM'd me a said that my guide was a little wrong, because my words and pictures didn't collerate on one thing, but I couldn't see it and it had been too long since I had done it.

So you COULD have one wire the wrong way around in the plug?