ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dan's Monaco 172

small update today, my new bullets from sprayshack arrived so set about fitting them.
14630237590_91ff0508c3.jpg
old v new by Dan Haynes | Automotive Photography, on Flickr

cleaned the grime off behind the side strips
14814574224_214372c89d.jpg
Grime by Dan Haynes | Automotive Photography, on Flickr

and new on, hopefully the rain holds out later so I can clean the car.
14630279369_cf50bab67b.jpg
2.0 16v by Dan Haynes | Automotive Photography, on Flickr

Renault Master
Cars looking good dan like the bullets and engine bay! Inspiration for me to get the finger out lol! How you finding the ride with the cooksports?

Cars looking good dan like the bullets and engine bay! Inspiration for me to get the finger out lol! How you finding the ride with the cooksports?

cheers mate, honestly I think the cooksports are brilliant, the roads aren't perfect round here and they offer good comfort with a decent drop over standard.

small update today, not all good though.
received a nice little present in the post today :)
14684257959_c91346efc6.jpg
car parts :) by Dan Haynes | Automotive Photography, on Flickr

set about fitting them this afternoon along with some ate superblue I've had sat in the shed for the past couple of months.

Old v New
14867824961_f2e78ed8c2.jpg
old by Dan Haynes | Automotive Photography, on Flickr
14868432454_aaf47c37a7.jpg
new by Dan Haynes | Automotive Photography, on Flickr

got to bleeding the o/s front caliper and this happens...:mad:
14890755743_6f82e01862.jpg
oops by Dan Haynes | Automotive Photography, on Flickr
So im now awaiting a new caliper to turn up, in the mean time I get to use my mums car to get to work... a lovely 1.4 mg zr :race:

Renault Master
Yeah meant to be a huge improvement on these defo on my to do list when I refurb brakes.

Right new caliper was fitted on Thursday, the brakes feel much sharper then before but that could have been down to the new fluid as the old stuff came out black:S

Today I finally got around to fitting the dtc superlights along with an oil change and general check over before css next week, the alloys still need center caps but I need to measure the center to find what size I need.

This is how the car currently sits on them with no spacers.

14934228941_714e48beae.jpg
front by Dan Haynes | Automotive Photography, on Flickr
14937305505_c546262b7e.jpg
side by Dan Haynes | Automotive Photography, on Flickr
14936935412_08a32ebb71.jpg
rear by Dan Haynes | Automotive Photography, on Flickr

I might stick some 5/10mm spacers on the front when I get a stud kit but will measure up once fitted.

Fiesta ST3 & Astra
Great looking Monaco , I've been contemplating spacers on the front myself, the 5-10mm is as much as I'd go also due to me running coilovers , even without them ur car is looking spot on Dan

Great looking Monaco , I've been contemplating spacers on the front myself, the 5-10mm is as much as I'd go also due to me running coilovers , even without them ur car is looking spot on Dan

cheers mate, the back sits perfect but fronts are still a tad in the arches, not hugely noticeable though.

Your wheels look like my ultraleggeras mate, although mine cost me over £600 new without tyres lol.

After I bought them I did think they looked abit like ultras apart front the chavy center caps lol

I was parked a couple of cars over from this at CSS. Still can't make my mind up on the wheels but was very jealous of how good the body work is on yours

The bodywork is ok for the age it's mainly just the lacquer peel that's the problem, I wasn't sure how the alloys would look until they were fitted, I think they'll be perfect for track as they only weigh about 5.5kg each but until I can afford some 2118 or turinis these will be staying on as they're in much better condition then the standard alloys.

Slightly late update, last weekend I joined the CSOC lot at Trax, was a great day out and some really nice cars there.
Few pics of mine on stand.
14982071309_44a9796e2c.jpg
IMG_5164 by Dan Haynes | Automotive Photography, on Flickr
15145656296_5dcc5d2178.jpg
IMG_5183 by Dan Haynes | Automotive Photography, on Flickr
15168328252_dc4ef02b11.jpg
IMG_5177 by Dan Haynes | Automotive Photography, on Flickr
15165825531_80559d3fce.jpg
IMG_5162 by Dan Haynes | Automotive Photography, on Flickr

I've also been thinking about giving the clio a little more power, as I'm not too bothered about large figures I may be looking at ITB's or an RS2 inlet along with some cams. Turbo is a possibility but its becoming very common and I like to be a little different :p

Renault Master
Some nice pics Dan, i like the wheels makes a change from the usual. Regards power mods maybe try and get a shot In an n/a set up then a turbo set up and see?

Monaco 172
Brill car mate, very clean example. Wish my bodywork was as mint as that. I wasn't sure on the wheels at first but as said its a break from the usual wheels everbody runs lol.
Need to sort myself one of the whitline ARBS, do you rate it? I'm on cooksports also too.

Brill car mate, very clean example. Wish my bodywork was as mint as that. I wasn't sure on the wheels at first but as said its a break from the usual wheels everbody runs lol.
Need to sort myself one of the whitline ARBS, do you rate it? I'm on cooksports also too.

Thanks, the bodywork isn't as mint as it appears unfortunately but that will be sorted next year.
I really like the whiteline, makes the car feel much 'tighter' in the corners which gives me more confidence to push the car a little harder. Defiantly a worthwhile investment.

Fairpoint if its gonna be a daily, you gona do most the work yourself?
Yh I do all the work on my car, that way it's done to my own high standard. Although i will have to take the car to mapped once I'm finished. :)