ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

dare dr-rs

Clio 1.2 Mk2 Ph2
Hi guys, i recently bought myself a 1.2 16v 2003 clio. I am looking at getting my self some new wheels and i am really really liking the dare dr-rs wheels. i have contacted a dealer abut the wheels and they say they will fit but the offset is abit off.

i have 60mm lowering springs ready to go on the car but i only want to put them on once i have got my new wheels. does anyone know if these wheels will fit. if not is it just a case of flaring the arches a little bit?

​Cheers

Clio 1.2 Mk2 Ph2
these are the wheels

[h=3]15 Inch Dare DR-RS CR Alloy Wheels[/h]
  • For Vehicles With 4 Stud Fitments.
[h=3]Wheel Features:[/h]
  • Width : 7J,
  • Diameter : 15 Inch (Staggered Widths Available)
  • Bolt Pattern : Most 4 Stud Fitments
  • Offset : 15 to 20
  • Colour : Polished , Silver
  • Style : Crosswire , Deep Dish , Polished LipFor Vehicles With 4 Stud Fitments.
however you can get 8x15".

​any ideas?

Clio 1.2 Mk2 Ph2
does this mean if i get 20mm spacers i can fit the wheels and they should fit ok? as i have a feeling that they will sit too far inside the arch at the moment?

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Offset 15-20?

Not sure if thats right but the lower the offset the more the wheel will sit out in the arch. Shouldnt need spacers for anything under ET37 tbh unless you want it to sit wider than normal.

As I understand it, the higher the offset (in mm) the more they'll sit out from the hubs. So ET20 is 20mm off the hub so it'd be hidden right in the arches on a clio. My alloys are ET37 and they sit flush with my arches basically. You'd probably want 15mm spacers with those alloys to make them sit in the arches properly. That'd effectively make them ET35.

I think, someone can confirm this?

Clio 1.2 Mk2 Ph2
ok that makes sense, that what i was thinking. Thank you. hopefully getting the wheels soon. then i hope to start a project thread.

Focus st170
Et20 will stick out more the et37. You add a 20mm spacer they will stick out loads. Go on willtheyfit.com enter the wheel specs and you will see.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I meant stick out more mate, more poke..

For example ET47 would need 10mm spacers to sit the same as ET37.

Focus st170
They will sit nice. This was mine when it was 7j et22
use11_zpsc3d3ae15.png

then added 15mm 2 dagree hub spacers making it et7. So you have room for spacers if you want.
image_zps3245de31.jpg

Clio 1.2 Mk2 Ph2
ok they will sit a bit further out . has anyone had these wheels before on a clio and have pictures of how they fit?

Clio 1.2 Mk2 Ph2
ahh so there not actually that bad thats how i want them to sit. almost on the arches as i have 60mm springs ready to go on aswell. cheers guys. ill really consider getting them

Focus st170
First pik was around 60-70mm rear didn't scrub. last pik is around 90mm rear and did scrub a little on large bumps. Thats with stretched tyres and rolled arches.

Clio 1.2 Mk2 Ph2
awesome, thatll do me perfect. quite looking foward to doing this as its my first clio project. done other cars before. but only jap cars

That looks like the absolute business Triumph!! Is that the 1.2?

I'm lowered around 50mm with et37 wheels. I was thinking of getting spacers but was worried about scrub on the front arch lip (non-sport wings), you reckon i'd be able to get away with it?
Sorry to hijack the thread from the OP!

That looks like the absolute business Triumph!! Is that the 1.2?

I'm lowered around 50mm with et37 wheels. I was thinking of getting spacers but was worried about scrub on the front arch lip (non-sport wings), you reckon i'd be able to get away with it?
Sorry to hijack the thread from the OP!

little bit of camber ;)

Focus st170
Really not sure about the front mine where always tucked. But at 50mm I don't see why not but really not sure as said camber will help. You can get the camber bolts off eBay for around £20 they go into the top of the two bolts that hold you damper to the hub.