ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dashboard Lights on 172

Clio 172
Hey Guys,

Had my 172 in for a service recently and ever since I've had a intermittent problem with the Service light, ABS and Traction Control lights coming on during driving. Turning the engine off and back on cures it.

During the service they changed the front pads, but insist they couldn't have caused this problem (hmmmm!).

Anyone any clues as to what could be faulty before they try to charge me the earth for something I don't need?

Many thanks

Pete

172 cup'd extreme
handbrake light come on too? could be 1.disconnected or broken ABS sensor 2. brake fluid level low 3. earthing problem

Clio 172
No handbrake light mate. One thing I remember though before taking it in was the handbrake light and stop light came on a few times. The garage said this would be because I needed new pads. Dunno if they where right though!

Any more thoughts?

sorry mate to hike your thread my serv light and abs light come on when ignition is first turned and then they go out is this related or a natural thing when starting the 172's cheers.........to be honest mate i would demand they look at this problem cos it only happened when they had it

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
If the handbrake light doesnt come on nor the stop light it may be something wrong with the brake light switch. use to happen to 182s when they first came out all the time. try resting the switch on the brake pedal.

TVR Cerbera
aurora123 said:
Is that something the hand fisted mechanic will have done?
Wouldn't like to say but it's a bit of a coincidence that the brake pads are really near the abs sensors and the abs sensors are also used for traction control.

But lemonnobby1 that wouldn't cause the SERV light to come on.