ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dashboard Removal Guide for Clio Mk2 ?

Clio mk2
I am looking to replace the tweeters in my clio so need to find out how to remove the dash without ballsing the car up!... I have searched this forum and have only found an old link for 'fubar' which seems to have expired. I wonder whether anyone can point me in the direction of a guide online to remove the dashboard to a mk2 clio (ph2 yr2000); pictures would be great if possible.

cheers!

Clio mk2
Nice one! Is it fairly easy to put back after? Are any tricky bits i should be aware of before i get going?

Bumder With A Buffer
^^ Yes you can do that..I didnt read thats what he wanted to do..Just read "Dash removal" and that was it. :eek:

RB 182 Cup
take dash strips off, unscrew the torque screw (4 along the front and 3 in the grill bit near the window screen and dont forget the plastic ones on the sides when you open the doors!!) then just put your hands in the grill bit near the screen and pull towards you and off it comes

Bumder With A Buffer
^^^ The pillars have to come off too to as the dash is attached to them at the bottom..it is possible to not remove them and lift up the dash enough but to get it off properly and easier the pillars come off

Clio mk2
I don' think the grills come off in the model i have. Not sure though. This is the same model and same year as mine, what do you reckon?

http://www.modifiedcars.com/pix/cars_large/21522_27410.jpg

Also, i am looking to replace the door speakers with something better, nothing mental. Does the whole section under the elec window buttons come off or just the circular grill section? Here's the style i have:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Clio-Mk2-1999...Q5fVehiclesQ5fCarPartsQ5fSMQQsalenotsupported

sorry for the dodgy links, only ones i could find quickly.

cheers.

RB 182 Cup
as richy said you have to take the pillars off to by pulling the door rubbers down around them so you can put your finger in the gap and push the clip so you dont snap them

Clio mk2
cheers.

..another thing maybe you can help (sorry i looked for hours online for advice to not much avail for all this!)

I just got an In Phase IPS520MP HU for £45;
http://www.inphaseaudio.co.uk/products/head-units/ips520mp/

..and i want to replace those front door speakers and tweeters in the dash as i said. I don't want to spend more than £60 if i can help it and i've seen these in phase tweeters for £17:
http://www.inphaseaudio.co.uk/products/speakers/professional-range/xt1/

if i was to get a relatively cheap (£30) pair of 5.25" pioneers for the doors would it all work ok and sound reasonable do you think?

Clio mk2
May sound a bit stupid now, but am a bit confused as to whether i need to take the dash off or not to get to the tweeters for this model?

Clio 172 Cup
Thread revival but the guide posted here was perfectly helpful for accessing the centre air vents in ordered to replace a broken vent slat.
Many thanks!

VenomUK

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Thread revival but the guide posted here was perfectly helpful for accessing the centre air vents in ordered to replace a broken vent slat.
Many thanks!
How do you access the centre vents once the dash top is off?

Also, does anyone have any advice on removing the rest of the dash once the top is removed?

Clio 172 Cup
How do you access the centre vents once the dash top is off?

Also, does anyone have any advice on removing the rest of the dash once the top is removed?
8A045120-1F74-476A-8C5D-BFF63F69BDD4.jpeg

I only needed to fit new plastic slats in the air vents and by removing the top dash, this exposed the air vents.

Clio 172 Cup
So you replace the slats the whole vent? The vertical arm has snapped in two so only one half of the slats operate
I think you can buy the slats/individual bits separately instead of replacing a whole vent.

For me, a couple of my slats had pulled out from attaching a phone mount + weight of my iPhone. They weren’t actually broken, I just needed to put them back in which is a really fiddly job lining it all up with the vertical arm etc (and the top dash needs to come out to provide more access).