ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dave's Clio 172

Clio 172
Nope :( unfortunately money isn't going to stretch far enough. So ideally the one I'm getting is SJM's 172 engine with 197 cams ARP bolts & matched inlets :)

Clio 172
Got the car back and everything seems ok for now just got that horrible feeling that somethings going to go wrong again :(

Clio 172
No not yet just using this until it dies really cause I don't have any per way of getting around like work etc

Clio 172
So I've got my quote for the engine swap now :) really happy with it. Good old diamond motors :) just got to get the engine I want and we're sorted!!!!

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
That van engine was like new. . It could get 54mpg on a run and pulled like a train. . Cams? LSD?

Clio 172
Yeah the engine I'm hopefully getting has 197 cams arp rod bolts and matched inlets :) just got to get it from Kent To me somehow lol so excited :)

Clio 172
So complete turn around :) took my car to Mick at diamond the other day. He had a good look around and basically the engines fine if anything it's a good strong engine :) so that means more money towards making this one faster....

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
Thought you'd already bought a replacement. . Probably missed something, will read back

Clio 172
Well it was as good as bought as i was convinced something serious was wrong but all is fine. Fair play to the lad with the engine for holding onto it for me :) was really appreciated

Clio 172
Really boils down to wanting a different car and trying to justify it as this is such a wicked car. I definatly could do with something bigger though. The car is wasted me having it, needs someone who is going to use it to its full potential