ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

DAY TIME RUNNING LAMPS

2012 Clio 1.2
OK OK OK, So i know a lot of people dont like them etc etc etc but i dont care :)

i wanna fit a set to my mk3 but cant decide were. depending on were will obviously make a diffrent to the style and size of the light units i will fit. ie im not going to have fog light size lamps sticking out of the grill (like some :p)

ive come up with 3 ideas or places but cant decide were to put them. what do you think???

any more ideas welcome

A
A_zps5c48d0ca.jpg

B
C_zps9db78ccb.jpg

C
B_zps31e65532.jpg

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
A is the 'better' option. In B are you seriously proposing to put a strip right along the bottom of the grill?

Rolling with xenons blazing is baller though.

2012 Clio 1.2
Maybe if anything just an led side light style conversion on the fog lamps, so that theyre not on blinding people but just a nice white glow

BMW E46 330ci Sport
All aftermarket DLRLs look s**t. They are always that cheap looking blue colored LED rather then the nicer looking white light that manufacturers fit as standard and always fitted badly. After market DLRL are the modern day equivalent to fitting LEDs on your screen washer nozzles, AKA wanker lights.

Don't do it.

2012 Clio 1.2
You guys do realise that plate is a photoshop right.....?

Is your license plate legal?

all wrong :) its just a show plate i had made one year, if u look theres a clip either side holding it over the original :)

think ill skip the dlrs as said they dont look very good now that ive looked at it like that.

might go for the night rider red led in bonet instead! JOKES!!!

Clio 1.2 Extreme.
OK OK OK, So i know a lot of people dont like them etc etc etc but i dont care :)

i wanna fit a set to my mk3 but cant decide were. depending on were will obviously make a diffrent to the style and size of the light units i will fit. ie im not going to have fog light size lamps sticking out of the grill (like some :p)

ive come up with 3 ideas or places but cant decide were to put them. what do you think???

any more ideas welcome

A
A_zps5c48d0ca.jpg

B
C_zps9db78ccb.jpg

C
B_zps31e65532.jpg
everyones got there prefrences don't worry about what anyone says really! But i think number 2 if anything ! Don't listen to what anyone else thinks i like cherry bombs but they're rare also ;):drunk:

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Drls look utter shite on almost everything, they scream "I'm a t**t" IMO, especially aftermarket ones.

if you really want to fit them though, fit them to the rear bumper instead. That way, oncoming vehicles won't think you're a t**t and people behind you will be pleasantly confused lol

all IMO ofc

2012 Clio 1.2
Cant be all cars registered after 2011 as that would make almost all 62 plate cars u see illegal. Myne is 62 no lights

2012 Clio 1.2
New vehicles released makes more sense. But i suppose they will now be all molded into the body and fitted along with the design of the cat so "should" look ok. Should look in place

Suzuki Jimny
Needs to be new versions of cars introduced after 2011. The mk3 clio was introduced in 2006 so mk3's don't need them.

Needs to be new versions of cars introduced after 2011. The mk3 clio was introduced in 2006 so mk3's don't need them.

i think it will apply to type approval, it would not be granted without drl,s so face lifted cars and new models

2012 Clio 1.2
Ok so would an led conversion on the standard fogs be ok?? I have seen u can buy led bulbs but are they still to bright?