ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

DC5 - Exhaust and pics

Had a Mugen Twinloop fitted a few weeks ago, so thought id post up a couple of photos and a video.

Went for the Mugen, due to the build quality and the fact its pretty quiet. Does make a nice tuned sound when pushing it though.

Im waiting on a GruppeM CAI which is being shipped in about 3 weeks, reckon the noise levels could increase once thats on - cant wait:evil:

Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2PtbAzc_8s

Sound quality ainta all that.

Comments welcome.

Attachments

• Zorst1.jpg
    Zorst1.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 65
  • zorst2.jpg
    zorst2.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 45
  • car1.jpg
    car1.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 101
  • car2.jpg
    car2.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 129

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I need to change pants.

Awesome car, amazing taste in mods too.

When you get the Gruppe M... post up some vids of it's Darth Vader impression, if you know what i'm on about. ;)

CTR/Fabia vRS
Been looking at some Mugen products for my S2000, however they seem to be for people with too much money....lol!

As previously said, lovely car, cracking exhaust!!

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Beautiful... Couple of these were lapping Norwich the other day and 1 of them had such a Lovely Exhaust Note (Was Very Loud Though)

Few more pics

Attachments

• car3.jpg
    car3.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 47
  • car4.jpg
    car4.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 27
  • car5.jpg
    car5.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 64
  • car6.jpg
    car6.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 31
  mk3 golf gti
stunning stunning car.
why this wasn't an official import is beyond me. honda always keep the best ones for themselves!!!

mk3 golf gti
yeah true, i think my next car will be back to a honda. probably an integra especially with the new tax laws!!

Im looking forward to test driving and possibly buying my DC5, the deciding factors being steering feel and whether or not it actually feels quick! (the ctr diddnt to me!)

The steering is amazing, so you wont be disappointed there.

60 onwards is where it feels quick to me, especially as its so light.

Im looking forward to test driving and possibly buying my DC5, the deciding factors being steering feel and whether or not it actually feels quick! (the ctr diddnt to me!)

I'm really excited! loads of people on the DC5 forum have had evo's/scoobys etc and all ended up going back to the '5 - surely testimony to its greatness!

Have you personally driven a CTR? is the steering a world of difference away?

How hard is it to keep in V-tec?

i'm going to try and buy one thats already had a diff exhaust on it to save me the expense of putting one afterwards!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Lovely car! Would love one of these, doubt insurance is doable yet though :(.

That's the reason i'm waiting too!

My 182 - £613 F/C + £250 ecess
DC5 - £1445 F/C + £500 excess.

FAIL.

If i wait until i'm 25 next year, it'll be more in line with the 182. :cool:

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
arghhhh start it up and rev the tits off it... u gotta hate your engine lol!

i dont get why people ask if its hard to keep a car in vtec... drive it like any car once you hit the vtec range its not like you have to keep begging it to stay there you change gear and its still in vtec... its really not hard to use or drive and people just get to wound up over it...

K20 eg 217 whp.
paris-hilton_thatshot.jpg

Sorry ive wanted to post that for ages LOL

Gruppe M sounds amazing, 2 of my friends have them, one on a jdm ep3 and one a jrsc'd ep3.......awesome sounds!

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
i want one! Saw one at a local garage, they are so so sexy.

arghhhh start it up and rev the tits off it... u gotta hate your engine lol!

i dont get why people ask if its hard to keep a car in vtec... drive it like any car once you hit the vtec range its not like you have to keep begging it to stay there you change gear and its still in vtec... its really not hard to use or drive and people just get to wound up over it...

It had been runing for at least 10 mins so oil temp was warm enough!

I'm really excited! loads of people on the DC5 forum have had evo's/scoobys etc and all ended up going back to the '5 - surely testimony to its greatness!

Have you personally driven a CTR? is the steering a world of difference away?

How hard is it to keep in V-tec?

i'm going to try and buy one thats already had a diff exhaust on it to save me the expense of putting one afterwards!

Been a member on ITR-DC5 for a while and yes seems quite a few have gone to a Scoob/Evo and then back.

Not driven a CTR so cant comment.

Mmmm, keeps the revs high and your laughing! Saying that it is quite hard to drive a DC5 fast, once your in Vtec your up the car infronts arse and you've gotta put the anchors on! On the open road though...............

Good luck on the test drive, you wont be disappointed.

Fiat Coupe Forum reviewed, read the replies?

I think the steering is amazing, drive one yourself and see.

As for the torque, yes, has very little but to compensate you have Vtec Yo!

Last edited: