ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

DCI 18k service £370 :(

Got my car it's first service.

Needed 2 new front tyres and brake pads and discs

The discs were warped!!!

Got this done by my regular mechanic he is really good and makes sure everything is top notch.

Just a bit concerned by the warped brake discs!! What would cause this? Could i have got them under warrenty? I can understand them being worn but warpped!!!

Think the price is ok for all the work that was done??

1.5dci
Im glad i insisted mine was done for me by the dealer when i bought it (17000 miles)
That seems a lot, and I would have argued the case for the brakes anyway

Andy

Didn't get it done at the stealer

To be honest I can't really fault the guy who fixed the car he is a top guy and a good mechanic. I just wonder if i should have told him to leave the warped discs and tried to get them done under warrenty.

Don't think the price is that bad for all the work he did? At least I know he checks things thouraly and replaces what needs done before it causes further problems.

I know the tyres were away as I checked them and they were on the ware bar. And the breaks had felt a bit funny like strange feedback through the peddel.

I am glad he told me they were warped the dealer would have probably just stuck new pads on.

D

You cannot warp disk on a Clio they don't have enough power to do that. True warping of disk would require massive braking from stupid high speeds.
Its not a bad price but i take it you had this done not at Renault?
You should have just gone to Renault for the service (£100 to £150 depends where you are etc) then £120 for new tyres and £17 for new pads and fit them yourself. Disk well I should have changed mine last time and there still fine you should cahange them if they get thin or corrode but apart from that no need to chnage them.I I get though a set of pads ever 18K and disk ever 36k or so.
Have a look at the old disks the problem is tht when you stop still with your foot on the brakes if there hot the pad sticks to the disk and this leads to the disk being "warped" its not truly warped its just the pad material is stuck to the disks.

Yeah just got it done by my regular guy. I trust him kept my megane going to 120k miles with no major problems. He is VAT registered so can do the service work and stamp the book.

I reckon for just under 2 years driving 375 isnt too bad :)

I should do some of it my self just lazy!!

Cheers edde helpfull as always.

D