ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dci Intercooler

Astra - at the mo
Hi
Im looking to add an intercooler to my dci 65, is it easy enough to install myself ie is it a direct fit? Also can i use any intercooler available or would it have to be an intercooler specifically for a clio turbo diesel? Iv seen a cheap mondeo intercooler on ebay, would this be suitable

Easy fit.
Dci 100 is a better one.
No point though unless you get a custom remap.

Use sone of the right sort of size ie 1.5diesel type size the Yaris one would fit with soem work.

Clio Dci
There is one thread on some spanish forum, how to upgrade dci 65 to 82. Dont use any other IC, use a intercooler from dci 82, it is much easier to install!

dCi 100
Hi,

You can use either the dCi80 or the dCi100 IC. Or some other 320D like IC, but it'll be more dificult to apply :)

Check out this topic to see the part numbers of all you need. It's in portugues, but people in there will gadly translate it ;-)

Cheers,
J.

Diesel tuning in spain and portugal is mad to say the least.

Fit a 1.9dci turbo while you're at it ;)
Superchrage it instead with a speced turbo humm.

Injectors are the big thing for more power the 80's are better and a easier swop but idealy you want custom with a bigger high pressure fule pump to make decinet power stock turbo IMO is good with high mapping and a bit of smoke to about 130hp running near stock boost.

Clio Dci
2 edde: My friend overchiped his Clio Dci to 110 HP but his Delfi fuel pump died after 20 000 km. It is becouse he didnt use high pressure fuel pump?

"Navy" N17 TWO
I was looking into tuning my dci82.

Already have a Dragon tuning-box fitted, which I think is just giving a little extra torque.

When I asked on here about upgrading to dci100 spec, I was told it would be almost as much work & effort to get the 172 conversion, so I'm going to leave the engine for now and sort my interior out :evil:

2 edde: My friend overchiped his Clio Dci to 110 HP but his Delfi fuel pump died after 20 000 km. It is becouse he didnt use high pressure fuel pump?

Which pump are you refering to as the dci have two the oone in the tank is fine upto about 160hp or so but personaly I wouldn't risk it that high 130 at most the high .

The high pressure Delfi one in the engine bay can be damaged I'm guessing it was a model which had a tunning box/remap or something to push injector rail pressure up to a silly high level if so then its the fact your pushing the pump to make 2000bar rarther than the 1400 it normally makes then its bound to fail bit no one things of this.
Changing the Delfi pump and getting modified injecotrs is the only safe way to power but it costs so noone does it. You could get 130hp from stock boost (either from an intercooled 65 or a normal 80) with that right setup but people have to get a 1.7 bar GT15 turbo plus push the injector window and line pressure to much to get this withouth doign so which ruins the engine long term.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
use an intercooler from an IVECO truck....

6.jpg

lol

2 edde: i was refering to that one in the engine bay. He overchiped his Clio remaping throu the OBD port.

The stock fuel pump can die it usually happne at high milage 80k miles (130k KM) or so though.

Depends what type of remap it was it might have just pushed the pressure lines up rarther than fiddle the injection window etc.

Clio Dci
2 edde: so what are you recommend me to get more power from my dci 82? Change fuel pump? Injectors? Remap? Turbo?

Clio Dci
Sorry for this double post, for now i will change my intercoler pipes for those from inox, de-cat pipe, and remap.