ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

DCi Noise

Mk4 XR3i 90 - spec
On the clio DCi (65 & 80 bhp models), assuming my presumtion of a turbo being present is correct?

How noisy is the turbo spool sound/boost noise/any wastegate or 'dump' noise?

I may be interested in an 80 model, apparently being the better of the 3 to drive?

I quite like the noise of the GT TDI 150 Mk4 Golfs, will the same sort of noise be present in a clio?

I dont wanna have to nail it everywhere, just a satisfying, noticeable noise.

Renault Clio 1.5 DCI
I cant hear the turbo on mine DCI 65 (all 1.5 DCI's (65, 82 and 100 hp version) have turbo - 82 and 100 with intercooler). Only the general engine noise.
There are absolutely NO turbo whistle!

Mk4 XR3i 90 - spec
Good, i like a good noise from a turbo. It's satisfying. How much work to remap an 80 and what sort of figure end up with?

Is it like the golf's where the 130 can be mapped to 150, 110 to 130 etc??

CB600FS
Just from a remap you can get about 110bhp and silly amounts of torque. Miles quicker than a standard 100 (shitty gearbox) and you'll upset loads of 1.6 owners.

Check your air box you can get leaves etc in there which makes them wistl a bit.

Otherwise it might be signs your turbos on the way out depending what its like.

Mk4 XR3i 90 - spec
Just from a remap you can get about 110bhp and silly amounts of torque. Miles quicker than a standard 100 (s**tty gearbox) and you'll upset loads of 1.6 owners.

Yer i've heard the 100's aren't so great on't gearbox. Assuming a remap will allow for slightly more boost, that should emphasise the noise a little? Or is it different when remapping a diesel?

Yer i've heard the 100's aren't so great on't gearbox. Assuming a remap will allow for slightly more boost, that should emphasise the noise a little? Or is it different when remapping a diesel?

Depends on the mapper for boost.

A remap will make it a bit noiser though. A K and N also is supposed to help.