ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

dci owner, looking at 182's - Teesside

2004 Clio dCi 100
Don't have a Sport (yet) but looking to get one to replace my just-sold R53 Cooper S. Always owned Clios though (just brought the dci 100 back from its SORN grave), had 3 clios up to now, and would happily finish that run on a nice 182 cup.

Have had a £250 R reg Mk1 1.2 8v (that I fixed up with various scrap yard visits) and sold for £500! My first car.

Then a Mk2 Phase 2 Y reg 1.2 16v that I didn't keep very long as was on the look out for a dci 100....

Which brings me to the current 2004 dci 100, 6 years, a remap and 70k miles later, after various periods of SORN, it's still going very strong, but is looking like crap. The bonnet flew up while driving last year, so looks a bit crinkle cut, the doors are now made of trolley dings, and the interior stinks! (it sat for 6 months while I had the Cooper S).

Looking to eventually fix up and sell the dci and then get a good 182, but not rushing like I did with the mini, wanting to find out everything there is to know, and know club forums are the best place, especially if some people are selling and seeing it's been looked after right. Have joined up and looking to get to some meets, even though the dci will look very out of place as the great unwashed! Haha

Leon

2004 Clio dCi 100
Thanks, heres some pics. Extreme arch gap (canyons) courtesy of just-replaced suspension all round that hasn't settled yet.

Mk1 1.2 8v Clio - First Car
mk1_clio.jpg

Mk2 Phase 2 1.2 16v
Silver_clio.jpg

Mk2 Phase 3 1.5 dCi 100 (picked up a 172 rear bumper really cheap a few years ago)
black_clio.jpg

And the R53 Cooper S I just sold...
mini.jpg