ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dci tuning thread

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Might aswell source yourself a 1.6 r9m in that case, remap to 160bhp and call it quits

why the hell I've called it an f9r I don't know lol.

But it where's the fun in dropping in the 1.6 engine... I actually don't want to give up on the 1.5 yet

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Or the meggy 1.9 with the dti fuel system.
Only thing is, it's going to be fun management wise down to the pump and injectors. Four port pump I think?

Possibility but not going to look into that yet. Old ph1 dti engines are actually hard to get hold of

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Last few bits for my pd conversion. Trying to get Alex to do a megane 1.9dci conversion on his

I've totally ran out of ideas for the dci' 1.5s :(

R5 gtt, R27 F1 team
I knew beforehand since it has done 160.000miles+.

doesn't matter though, i'm now able to map it myself which is the more interesting bit!

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Nope , I can download the maps through the Delphi diag tool from my ecu and then use the other software I've got to rewrite the maps.

Altho I havent a clue how to rewrite maps and don't really want to try it whilst it's my daily lol

R5 gtt, R27 F1 team
I've bought the delphi diagnostic tool too but won't know how to read the maps.
flight recorder doesn't work though what initially was what i bought it for.

i could make you a tune if you send me your original file but you would need an mpps or the likes...

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Took me while on how to read maps with the tool, it's under some sub section.

Which one you got? 2013 or the earlier ones?
Mines the early one with flight recorder and it does work now.

Was something to do with how I installed it on the laptop. Didn't like windows 7 but Xp runs fine with it

Nah leaving the map as it is, it's coming off the road next month so might aswell enjoy it for what it was

R5 gtt, R27 F1 team
Okay, no probs mate. I think i have the 2013 version incl flight recorder but excluding bluetooth.

It does work perfectly under 7, only problem it has it's trying to erase the vci's memory when starting flight recorder and comes back with an error. Erasefrarea failed or something like that...

other than that it has proved to be a usefull tool already!

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Yeah mines the bluetooth one.
was abit scared of using bluetooth on a cloned tool but it works great if no big fecking vans are parked in the way.

Yeah I had that, can't remember how I fixed it , think I searched on google and there something about it.
Waiting for then 2014 update then will buy a proper disk for it.
Seems to run allot quicker on my XD laptop which has only that on it. Saved myself greff so many times with jaguar diesels not starting.

Just need to start putting parts in order for sale when I get round to it,

Recon pump
injectors which are newish

Think you need to do the meggy 1.9 conversion ;) or pd

R5 gtt, R27 F1 team
Nah mate, don't fancy doing an engine conversion to the clio since it's my daily. Have to find out why i can't get the boost up and when i can i'll probably find the limit of the pump soon enough.

i have an idea how to uprate the pump but till then i won't do anything with it just yet. Maybe when the winter is over...

R5 gtt, R27 F1 team
Nope, doesn't work as easy as that. Yes you can map the output of the pump but not the strategy....

i'm thinking boring the pump body and machining/ finding bigger pistons

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
That's what I have wondered but finding the correct material that won't break up is going to be a nightmare.

You never know.... You end up doing it and I'll end up buying another 1.5 lol

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
back on this again, getting no where on wiring in the pd ecu and loom s**t to my other dci.

so back to doing my trusty dci back up. got another turbo on the way thanks to dad for a late xmas present.
KP35 hybrid with bigger cold side. wanted a KP39 but expensive and hard to get.

going to send off one of my old pumps to dieselmeken ( does the om606 diesel inline pumps for those crazy merc diesels ) and see if he can uprate those farty fuel delivery pistons in the pump and machine the chambers abit.

R5 gtt, R27 F1 team
I haven't spent much time with it lately. I've been busy mapping the dci and found another problem. I can't get more air in....
i do get the boost pressure up but the calculated airflow doesn't change...

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Wondered that on mine , had a play on the RR at the guys down the road, mapped with more boost but ecu won't give a readout to say it has more , wether I'm getting a big restriction somewhere I dunno. Getting a boost gauge fitted tommorow so I can see what it's actually pushing

Pritty s**t head design, cast inlet actually on the head.
I cut my only head apart and I can machine it to accept a proper bolt on manifold but it's gona cost a lot to do it

Last edited:

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Most likely. I know we don't have a MAF sensors just air temp and boost MAP sensor.

Wouldn't know how we'd get away with it, changing to a higher band map will only regester More BAR

R5 gtt, R27 F1 team
Only thing the map sensor does is cater for boost control.

we DO have a maf sensor, it's on the airfilter. I've found calibration maps for the 106 engine which show the maf goes to 1000+ so it should be able to read more than the 750mg/str it reads now.

i've had my boost press up from 1.25 upto 1.5bar and nothing changes regarding the airflow which seems odd to me!
Only when stabbing the throttle it will spike to 840mg/str but then settles again around 750...

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Sure that ain't air temp? My diagnostics won't give a reading for MAF but will for intake air temp
might be different on a 100 factory built car

funny as I only have 2wires go to the señor on the air inlet to turbo from air box bit. Map is the only other thing I have attached to my air box.
on another note. Have you checked your sensor isn't giving out false reading ? Seems odd it only changes on throttle blipping

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Afaik the 106 engine isn't much different to the 100
106 doesn't have a overhead air box , as the boost pipe runs over the top on those

Cast inlet on the actuall head is the same as every other 1.5 dci lump

R5 gtt, R27 F1 team
I'm sure it's a maf and also on your car. These ecu's work with maf, no difference in 65, 82, 100 or 106.

i have an mpps clone which works great. Also have another one here as the order went wrong but they're cheap enough from ebay.

i have no idea why i can't get airflow up, it could be the compressor is way out of his efficiency but then atleast i should see some change....

btw, it doesn't only change when blipping the throttle, stabbing the throttle is the only way i can get it over 800mg/str but that's probably due to overshoot in pessure...

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Need to ask mike what he's running on his as his has a hybrid turbo like mine and they're only kp35's

yeah ah was looking at mpps clones specificly a kw2000 clone with mpps
Looked a good bit of kit.

as for the MAF , I'll find out what the differences are on the 106 to the 100 as I'm sure the 106 is exactly the same turbo as yours

R5 gtt, R27 F1 team
It's exactly the same mate, part nr's match.

yeah maybe mike could tell if het has more airflow. If he does it's probably down the the compressor. So bigger turbo time :D

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
haha, you need the fuel with it tho ;)

saying that, ive got abit further with the mondeo pump, every person ive got involved in on this, knows that it can be done for the dci 1.5. just some fancy brackets and a pump rebuild to so the drive end out