ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

De-cat

A lil advice please fellas. Not wanting to go mad on the addon front of my Williams, I was wondering.

All I have so far is a piper-x filter element, would putting a de-cat pipe on my Williams make much difference ?. I would be using the standard exhaust.

I have heard so many different views, some people saying upto 35% of power is lost through a cat, others saying it will degrade the performance as the back pressure would not be the same !?!?!?!?.

Opinions here please....Thanx guys and girls.

Bill.

BMW 320d Sport

Well on every Williams and 16v that I know of, decatting it has always reaped benefits. Ive not heard of a single driver who would want their cat back on again after ditching it. Just dont expect a lot. It may feel a little bit more eager and it helps everything along but you wont see mega power gains. A couple of brake if youre lucky, mainly at the top end, but it all helps doesnt it!

clio williams, Ph1 172

Ive heard it gives 6 to 7 bhp more. Seems to have made a difference on mine. Although thats just my opinion. It pops in 1st nice too ;)