ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

DEAD CAR

clio 20v

err travelling down country roads following cols williams back from southport came round a left hander back end stepped out a bit as i was still on the brakes , corrected it and the car was all over the road fishtailing like mad so i got on the brakes to scrub sum speed off,

the back brakes locked up and it spun me round went up the curb going backwards hit a tree span me round and then it rolled on its roof in a ditch had to climb out the rear passenger window

got it towed to the place i had me engine done an they said my torsion bar wasnt in properly i didnt have any spring on the left hand side of the car which coupled with having sum1 in the back the rear wheels hav locked up as the bias valve thinks its got a really heavy load

cars fuked stripped it today so ive got engine an box complete with ecu and a almost new group n clutch, leather interior , brake calipers , clocks an extra gauges and some other bits an pieces up for sale

adi

clio 20v

by the way engine fired up first time and i also have a mongoose exhaust and de-cat for sale it has a slight dent but seems ok

and abp motorsport was the last people to mess with my torsion bar when they lowered it, and clean16v commented last week how much my car squats wen i set off fast he sed the arch covers a lot of my alloy.

im pretty much completely gutted im goin 2 drown me sorrows now could hav been worse though copper sed he wondered how we got out of it

apb will be hearing off me quite soon as soon as ive had chance to check it out fully

adi

Was a Clio 1.8 16v

What car u gonna get next then? Will insurance coff up?

I want second dabs on leather seats if clean doesnt have them. ;)

Sorry to hear mate, Col said it was a beast as well, get onto the people that messed up your torsion bar, you may be able to claim off their insurance...........

Skoda Fabia vRS

NOOOOOO !!!

f**k mate !!!!.....thats well bad, glad ur ok though

if i was you id definitely get down to ABP as it sounds as though they havent done there job properly !

gutted !

yeah adiclio

at least ur ok mate. hope everything will go smoothly with insurance and stuff. and hope u can get abp to sort something out too

damn shame as ur valver was mint but as long as ur ok u can get another

wongy

Sorry to hear that. If its any consolation, remember that youve still got the best bits intact - engine, leather etc. Lets hope you can find another Valver to stick them in.:D

Quote: Originally posted by adiclio16v on 15 March 2003

im pretty much completely gutted im goin 2 drown me sorrows now could hav been worse though copper sed he wondered how we got out of it

If the police were involved there is a very good chance you will get done for dangerous driving, thats what happened to my mate, hes got a court appearance this month.

clio williams, Ph1 172

Sorry to hear about that mate. i would look into that if the garage didnt sort the torsions bar right. You could do well outta this!

Are the clocks u got williams ones?

mk2 172

so fukin sorry to hear bout this adi mate, car was a minter, know how much you put into it, and for this to go and f**kin happen:(:(

and fellas, dont think adi is fully comp so all those thousands are down the drain if abp wont cough up

clio 20v

neil82cup f**k off ur a tw*t ive watched u put comments like this before

the police turned up but he was ok with me im sure he thought id been going too fast which is what it looked like but he couldnt really see how id gone off as the corner really wasnt that bad the car just didnt feel right , i got a producer an he asked me to buy him a lottery ticket for the nxt day hehe these people are human after all i dont think he would have kicked me why i was down like that and no1 else was involved

id just like to say thanks for all the comments it goes some way into makin me feel better

im only TPFT but id have took the loss anyway as ive got 4 yrs no claims which without insurance wud be a fortune ive lost in the region of 7-8 grand on the car so im pretty gutted feel like taking my anger out on neil82cups hed u t**ser im really not in the mood for people like u

clio 20v

yeh ive just had a very bad smash mate i really wasnt in the mood u always seem to put the boot in with ur comments ive noticed, did it really needed to be sed theres evry else sayin there gutted for me an theres you ooh ur gonna get done for dangerous drivin now

adi

Just telling you how it is, dont take a genius to work out what they can do to you.:eek: But I think you know what can happen as you seem to treat the roads like your own personal race track.

leave it out Neil, the kid has just wrote off his motor im not sure hes in the mood in listening to what happend to your mate. Think how you would feel if it happend to you. and before you say "well i wouldnt be driving like a nutter" there maybe evidence to say something went wrong on the car that help cased the crash.

Sorry to here about your car Adi, not is all lost, i think you will get a few bucks back on your parts, ie the engine alone. Post a price list once you sort your head out abit.

James.

If you can prove ABP were neglagent then you have a case. Lets face it, as the copper said, there neglagence could have cost you your life. Not only that, its extremely bab press. If they refuse to even enter into the idea of a pay off start shouting about it in the local papers and forums etc.

Oh and bad luck mate, but dont take it out on neil. He was just informing you of what could happen. Better to be informed than it hitting you out of left field. Oh and a dangerouse driving charge would be harder to bring on you if the car was at fault.

Paul

This whole lowering at ABP sounds suspect to me, although - with the greatest respect to Adi - I would like to ask how low the back was?

I found with my old Mk1 1.2 Clio (which was lowered to the floor at the back) that the handling was really dodgy mid-bend when the shocks became loaded up. It was understeer city. On my Valver, Ive been careful to keep the back higher than the front.

It might have been easier to prove they were to blame if the car was left how it was. Have you stripped it allready? If you go to them and say "you did a bodge job on my car and now ive crashed it" they might not wanna know.

Really sorry to hear about your loss though, i wrote my uno turbo off and was gutted to, so understand how you miust be fealing. Good luck with everything though.

Paul

clio 20v

ive just taken the interior me stereo and engine out so far the back was lowered 40mm,

the rear brakes locking up was what caused me to spin and as far as i kno that aint right its locked the rear wheels once before at slow speed and the rear brakes were knacked ive just had new rear brakes on the other week

i might not end up following it up yet but i wouldnt trust abp with my car again cos its definately not right what they did and they never adjusted the bias valve

my sisters just finished doin law at uni, ill ask what she reckons. I think it wouold be worth following it up. At least go there and explain what happened then see how it goes from there. They might be good about it and ask to look at your car, or you could get an independant inspection done.

clio 20v

cheers mate the garage where it is now are doing me a report on it and im going to get some1 else to hav a look at it

adi

neil82cup,let me guess u drive a clio cup,well not that im puttin all new clio drivers in the same basket,but theres a lot that seem to be a bunch of right t**sers,they think what they say is gospel,so neil,as someone said,if u wanna say somethin,sympathise with the guy,not the fact that hes gonna be punished for the loss of his pride and joy u girls car drivin to@@er !!

Quote: Originally posted by Ben H on 16 March 2003

This whole lowering at ABP sounds suspect to me, although - with the greatest respect to Adi - I would like to ask how low the back was?

I found with my old Mk1 1.2 Clio (which was lowered to the floor at the back) that the handling was really dodgy mid-bend when the shocks became loaded up. It was understeer city. On my Valver, Ive been careful to keep the back higher than the front.
I live in stoke, and quite a few of my mates have used ABP, and had lots of problems as in legal action pending. Not willing to put details on a BBS, but i wouldnt get any work done by them, i have bought a few parts off them in the past, but that wont happen again !

You wouldnt go to Sweeny Todd for a hair cut would you !

i bought a decat,found it was blowin,sh*tty weld,and jesus what problems i had gettin an exchange,tradin standards were involved in the end.

oh yes peeps,if anyone has probs with abp,get in touch with the tradin standards for the cheshire area cos abp are in their "good garage/good service" book so they will help ya,and mention to abp that t/s are gonna be contacted and in the end they will back down.

bunch of muppets there if u ask me

Quote: Originally posted by willy148 on 16 March 2003

u girls car drivin to@@er !!
Go and slur that passed me again? What are you trying to say? That I drive a girly car what about yourself then?

2012 WRX Waggon

thats a right bugger that adi - that motor was a corker!

glad to hear u crawled out ok, though in a rather undignified manner!

hope ur mobile again real soon.

all the best m8.

paul